LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    VBS program is done! We did some classes for adults too - and I heard they did a great job. We didn't publiciseit very much at our church so we didn't have a lot of participants. But everyone that did come had a great time. Well except for one lady.

After we finished the celebration dinner and we were cleaning up this lady came up to ask for our evaluation form because she has some feedback. No complements, no comments or gratitude for all of the work we did, just "feedback".

Well we were just parent volunteers and this lady is a newly retired professor. So of course she had "feedback"...

My answer to her feedback is- I am appointing her to the committee for next year! Sheesh

My son stopped by to unpack his camp gear. He had a great time at camp- and it was youth leadership training! He did so well that they asked him to be a staff helper next year! Yes! Keep that boy busy and out of mischief...

My older son has been sleeping the day away at his dads. So mad that his dad has not pushed him to get a job...

Platinum Member
    Tonight my son and a bunch of boys his age went for a bike ride in the park by the river. It was so hot today and I was hoping that it would be cooler- and it was, slightly...

Anyway we went 8 miles and it was so hard for me to keep up! But I did it!

To give you an idea if how out of shape I am- my bike was stored in the garage and it had two flat tires and spider webs on it! Time for me to start riding again!
    Last edited by luminousone; 07-02-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Platinum Member
    Definitely feeling a few sore muscles today...

It has been in the mid 90s here each day and right now it is stool above 80 in the house. For some reason my car wants to be in my lap. It's too hot for that!

Platinum Member
    LOL Lumi, your car or your cat???

Platinum Member
    Lol I think I needed to proofread my post a little better... Sheesh!

Good to see you here, Silver- so sorry to hear about D's cancer. Hope he is as comfortable as he can be today. He is so lucky to have support from you and his daughter to help him through it all.

Platinum Member
    So today I went for a walk by the river. A friend brought her dog and borrowed a life vest for it. Her dog is a lab and she is afraid of the water! Usually labs love the water!

Anyhow, she didn't mind getting her feet wet to go retrieve a stick, but if it was thrown too far out there was no way she would go out there to get it.

So my friend went into the water to reassure her and eventually (with lots of treats) she got her dog out into deeper water. Only for a little bit- and then she would come back on the shore.

Speaking of pets, my cat is hiding under the bed right now- too much noise from area fireworks- including some after the baseball game (the stadium is not too far away).

As far as my sore muscles, I already have had offers from 2 friends to go bike riding with me! So that ought to take care of those sore muscles. Eventually...

Tomorrow I will be working on the yard to cut down more blackberry vines - I need to fill up the yard debris bins again...

I have ingredients to make a blueberry peach pie for the boys to celebrate the holiday. I made one last week for the church bake sale and everyone raved about it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lumi and Thanks. D seems to be going well after having had his first chemo session on Thursday!

Oh. blackberry vines - well, I had a pet goat once and he at the blackberry vines all the way down. Come to think of it, he ate a LOT of things all the way down.

Yum, blueberry pie!

Platinum Member
    So excited! My son passed his International Baccalaureate exams and so he will get the IB Diploma. He said that he thinks he qualifies for another scholarship because of that! That would be a true Godsend, because I was worried how we would find the money for his college...

Platinum Member
    On vacation with my parents and my boys. We went down to the beach today and swam on the ocean. It was so refreshing and the water was fairly calm. Both boys went in too. And even my 92 year old mom.

My dad is 95 and he was so tired today that he stayed in bed most of the day.

My mom clearly has dementia and it has progressed since I last saw her at Christmas so I can see how they are both going downhill.

It is bittersweet- because I suspect this is the last time on vacation with them. I see big changes ahead for each of them- and likely a move to a retirement home and or a nursing home...

In the meantime I will enjoy these few days with them. And I am proud of my sons who have had wonderful manners and have been very helpful.

I am very very grateful to my sister who funded this trip.

Platinum Member
    That is so nice Lumi. My mother went to a nursing home yesterday. She is 75 but has a lot of medical needs and she had nurses visiting her twice a day, but it was as though she had become a prisoner in her own home as she had to wait about for the nurses to give her meds and do other other things. The home she has gone to is meant to be very nice and close to my sister's home. I will go up and see her again in the next few months. We are being optimistic (and I think she is too). I think she will be happier and her health will improve. My sister will be able to take her home often. Mum has 4 daughters and 7 grandsons and she will get to see a lot of us. Well, I live 2 states away so she won't see as much of me, but she has her own phone so I will ring a lot.

Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice