LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 297 of 298 FirstFirst ... 294295296297298 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 2978

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    How are you doing hun?

Platinum Member
    Hanging in there.

Actually, doing better than I was.

Still losing weight- 45 lbs so far. Fortunately I had a lot of excess weight so there is still cushion.

With the chemo it is really hard to digest foods and I can only eat a little at a time.

I had a good stretch of days last week where I felt better - I’m trying to see what works and what throws me into extreme discomfort. I did pretty well last week, I guess.

I did notice I am losing my hair. A little at a time. Most people wouldn’t notice yet - it is just thinner. Not sure how it will look in a few months.

For work - contract days are done for the summer, but we are all still working a bit. Preparing for the fall. Admin sent us an email saying that they qualified for some extra funds, to cover some of the extra work. So that is nice.

I am taping lots of lessons, to have them banked for later. And that will take the pressure off in the fall. And I already told them I will be working remotely, even if they open up schools. They are fine with that.

Platinum Member
    Forgot to say that my temp is close to normal now, at least it was today! I had been running an elevated temp since January!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    You’re such a brave brave lady. ❤️ If your temperature is coming down does it mean that you are winning this battle ?

Glad to hear you are doing better... still sounds tough, though. My thoughts are with you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    You’re such a brave brave lady. ❤️ If your temperature is coming down does it mean that you are winning this battle ?
    Maybe? I don’t think my doctors even know.
    Now I am wondering if I had COVID and it just went on and on.

I did get out to mow the lawn on Monday, and that evening my temp was back up. But - I felt pretty good. I was tired, but it was a good kind of tired.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Glad to hear you are doing better... still sounds tough, though. My thoughts are with you.
    Thanks Jib.

Platinum Member
    Had a doctor appointment last week. I have felt ever so slightly better. When my doc came into the exam room, he said “I’m thinking you are feeling somewhat better”, and I asked him how he knew. They had done a blood draw a few minutes before, and he had viewed the results. It seems like the meds are working a bit.

4th of July was fairly quiet around my neighborhood- the rowdy neighbors are all grown up and no longer interested in the big booms and illegal fireworks.

Platinum Member
    A week ago I had to go to the DMV yo renew my drivers license in person. I was very annoyed at having to go but I couldn’t very well let my license lapse, since I need to go to doctor appointments every two weeks.

The picture was horrific! COVID hair and my eyes looked wild. It is a ghastly picture, haha!! Oh well...

Anyhow, I had gotten a battery charger for my car, and the engine started right up so I could get to the appointment. So I won’t have to keep calling AAA to jump a dead battery. I’ve been a frequent customer lately...
    Last edited by luminousone; 07-15-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Platinum Member
    When I got back from getting my new license, I noticed my neighbor’s garage open for a bit, but just figured someone was mowing her lawn for her. This is my neighbor with Alzheimer’s.

Later that evening, I gathered up garbage from the house, and went to take it out to the bin. However- I couldn’t find the bin! The recycling can was there, and so were the yard debris bins. But no garbage bin! I glanced up and down the street but did not see a stray can about. Anyhow, I had to hold onto the garbage for a week!

I called the garbage company and asked if I had missed paying my bill and she laughed and said I had a hundred dollar credit - because I had it set to autopay, and I had not been paying attention. Anyhow, they were super nice and they brought me a new bin yesterday.

But the funny thing was this - I had just figured some kids had fun over the holiday weekend. But - what really happened was something I should have figured out, had I really thought about it.

Anyhow, my neighbor rang my doorbell the other evening and wondered if I had any cat food to tide her over until she hit to the store/ which I did. And I figured that was a good time to ask her if she had seen an extra garbage can around, and she said that teenagers broke into her garage and put my can in there. (Which is not true. They would have no way to get into the locked garage). So, duh- the lady with Alzheimer’s accidentally swiped it, lol.

I still have not gotten it back (I had my Jammie’s on and didn’t wish to deal with it then).

So, she had actually gone up my driveway to grab my can. And the funny thing is that she uses a different garbage company - my can is a different color...

Anyhow, mystery solved. I’ll call my garbage company once I get the other one back.

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice