Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 296 of 298 FirstFirst ... 293294295296297298 LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 2974

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    The last 2 days were not too bad. I got lots of sleep last night. Yesterday I was pretty productive with my work for most of the day, which felt good. I had to go in for the chemo shots at the end of the day, but that went okay.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    How are you doing LUM?

Platinum Member
    I have good days and days where I am weak. Hanging in there!

My bloodwork was off, indicating a possible infection, so my doctor lowered my dose of chemo. And that helped with the side effects but I actually think I do have a bacterial infection starting up. My temp is slowly creeping up. Iím sure it is not COVID, but symptoms are a bit similar (cough, slight temp). I am supposed to go in for bloodwork on Monday but I will call first to let them know about the slight temp (99-100 in the evenings). They may choose to isolate me for the blood tests.

Iím still doing work from home but I have the luxury of resting when needed. If we were not all working from home, it would be a problem - I just donít have the stamina. Anyhow, I had a pretty productive week last week except for yesterday, so not bad.

Have a great Motherís Day to all moms and sons and daughters.

My sonís birthday is this week too.

Happy Mother's Day, luminousone!

Sounds like you're in good hands with that possible bacterial infection--glad to hear!

I'm also glad that you are able to work at your own pace and not kill yourself. Take it easy, lady!! You're on chemo!

Sending you hugs and well-wishes.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Please take it easy. Happy Motherís Day!! 💐

Platinum Member
    Motherís Day was quiet but nice. Younger son stopped by (with mask) and visited with me a bit. I gave him my old folk style guitar for his bday and he was happy about it.

He then went and did my grocery shopping for me.

Older son called when younger son was here so I put him on speaker so we could all visit.

Later, I found out that my friend J texted both of my sons to make sure they called me for Motherís Day. Haha!

Feeling a bit more energy since they lowered my chemo dose. Temp is about the same as it was, maybe a bit better.

Got some good work done this week, with a few rests in between.

Found out that our state had to reduce the budget so we wonít get cost of living increases next year- but Iím just glad to still have a job.

However, they wonít be replacing the assistant that was helping me halftime last year. He is leaving his position and that was one place they could save money. Sigh. More work for me next year...

Which could be a problem since I have very little stamina.

That was sweet of your friend :)

Frustrating about your halftime assistant and your increased workload.... sometimes when unpleasant certainties like that loom ahead of me I just shut my mind off to them. Nothing I can do, no need to worry, you know?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    That was sweet of your friend :)

Frustrating about your halftime assistant and your increased workload.... sometimes when unpleasant certainties like that loom ahead of me I just shut my mind off to them. Nothing I can do, no need to worry, you know?
    Good point. Who knows what it will be like in the Fall, anyway. Iím thankful I had his help this year, and we all knew he would be leaving at the end of the year because he has been in school and needs to do an internship.

Iím not taking it personally. I get it. His was the last position created, so that would be the first to go, when the budget gets cut.

I am not going to stress - I can only do so much and I had a killer year that about did me in last year. This year I had a new boss who really understands how much I do. She told me a few months ago, ďYou work your a$$ off for this placeĒ. It was nice to have that recognized.

Glad to know you are doing reasonably well. Do you get to have some rest over the summer?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Glad to know you are doing reasonably well. Do you get to have some rest over the summer?
    Yes, we are out in a few more weeks.

Videos

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice