Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 295 of 298 FirstFirst ... 292293294295296297298 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2978

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Originally Posted by luminousone
    People are working from home and calling me to make appointments from their personal phones.

I was supposed to have a shot last Monday but when they called to schedule other things, there was no order for the shot. I finally called on Wednesday to have them ask the doctor- because my chemo pills came in finally. He was confused and thought I had already had the shot.

He is a great doctor- everyone is stressed out and confused. I am going to have to really advocate for myself.
    That really stinks. Do advocate for yourself!

My boyfriend's coworker is in a similar predicament. She has a form of lung cancer and began robotic radiotherapy right as this whole thing started. This is an 80-year old lady that my boyfriend is very fond of. We take her to dinner from time to time, and now we can't even visit her because of the stupid COVID. Nobody can. I mean she just ticks all the boxes for vulnerable! So, she has to go through this whole process alone.

So sorry this is happening to you, and at this of all times. Don't give up.

Platinum Member
    Awe, that poor lady, going through that alone.

Platinum Member
    Yesterday I was scheduled to go gather work books and materials from my building. My son came with me to carry the boxes.

The building was so empty and strange. My office was a huge mess. The last time I was there was Feb 28th, and I had gone home sick that day. So I had left things strewn all over the place because I knew I was getting sick.

Anyhow, I grabbed 4 boxes of stuff to help me working from home.

It was great to see my son. We both wore masks just to be safe. But he did give me a hug. And then he went to the grocery for me.

I was tired today and so I got little work done. Hope that is not the new normal.

Tomorrow I have a few procedures scheduled at 2 different clinics. Always a risk for me to go there, but I need to.

Jib, donít worry. Iím not giving up. I have much to live for.

Platinum Member
    A few weeks ago a resident in the hospice side at my momís care center passed away from COVID19. It is a different wing, though.

Well, now a staff member from hospice has contacted the virus. And since some staff work both wings, it is only a matter of time before it spreads to my momís wing.

I have been writing to her and sending lots of love. There is nothing else I can do. No visitors are allowed and I canít fly in my condition anyway.

I have not told my mom about my cancer. Why worry her. I just send her lots of love. And I really feel for the dedicated staff members who are putting their own lives on the line.

Platinum Member
    A bit of a down day. I was pretty wiped for most of the day so I didnít get much work done.

But my younger son called to check on me, so that was nice. He told me that my mother-in-law gave him a get well card for him to give to me. Apparently I mailed a get well card to her this year, and of course she canít go shopping. So she is recycling the card right back to me. Which made me laugh. We gotta be creative, I guess...

Platinum Member
    Oh, and a woman from church called to check in on me. She didnít know Iíve been sick. But she said that she woke up in the middle of the night and felt that she needed to call me for some reason.

She is a friend of my mother in law and I teach her grandkids in Sunday School. So we are acquaintances. Anyhow, her telling me about that ďfeelingĒ she had really took my breath away.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am so glad you have such a caring bunch of people . ❤️

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am so glad you have such a caring bunch of people . ❤️
    Me too, Sera. I really need that support right now.

I was so stunned when that lady from church told me she woke up in the middle of the night and decided to call me the next day. I really donít know her, except as an acquaintance. It was a God wink, to remind me I am not alone. She had no idea Iím sick- I had not shared the info with my pastor yet, even. Just my family and close friends know.

Platinum Member
    I had a better day today. I had to work (from home) and I am having to learn new computer programs, so Iím going through the training modules. Slow going.

I really made sure I got to bed on time last night. It is difficult to get myself up in the morning, but I often feel a bit better by the afternoon. Yesterday I never seemed to catch any wind in my sails. I just didnít have any energy all day.

But today was better.

Originally Posted by luminousone
    I was so stunned when that lady from church told me she woke up in the middle of the night and decided to call me the next day. I really donít know her, except as an acquaintance. It was a God wink, to remind me I am not alone. She had no idea Iím sick- I had not shared the info with my pastor yet, even.
    That is so cool :)

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice