LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 293 of 295 FirstFirst ... 290291292293294295 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2944

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

I'm sorry that you are stuck going through all of this alone. I'm glad to hear that you have such caring friends. I hope that helps you to feel less isolated. Fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am so very sorry you are dealing with this alone . If anything you have us. Hugs.

((((((hugs))))))

Platinum Member
    Iím coming around the corner from the stomach virus that hit me so hard. Yesterday and today I was able to eat a few small meals. I have so much relief after the fluid removal! I know it will build up again, but let us hope not too quickly.

The place where they sent me for the procedure: was a hospital. Iím not going back there again, because I donít want to be exposed to COVID19.

Anyhow, the governor had ordered only emergency procedures be performed, to preserve on medical equipment and exposure. Will talk with my doc tomorrow to see what that means for me. All I know is that I was so sick when I went in, and it gave me immediate relief.

They have set up a temporary ďhospitalĒ at our state capital in the fairgrounds building, in case it is needed. Sobering and frightening times.

Next week is spring break for me, and then (health willing) I will begin lessons online as much as I can. I suspect that will go until the end of the year.

My son is home from university, although he chose to stay at his dadís. He is going to isolate himself in his room there upstairs for 2 weeks to make sure he does not bring home any viruses. Lol, his dad said he usually holes up there just like that anyway, making his electronic music all day and night...

Anyhow, he told me that Oregon Universities have chosen to do all online learning for the rest of the year. Iím glad he is home and not alone at the university. Once his 2 weeks is up, he has offered to come help me with projects.

I love my sons. They are so very thoughtful and have called me many times to check in on me. Makes my mom heart sing!

Hope you are ok over there, luminousone.

Platinum Member
    Well, results came through yesterday and the cancer I had 11 years ago has metasticized in my abdomen somewhere. The doc has a treatment plan in mind and Iíll meet with him next week.

I feel hopeful for the treatment - they had done genetic testing on my cancer 11 years ago and new research and treatments have come through since then.

Iím going to have a lot of doctor appointments- which will possibly expose me to the virus, and that makes me nervous. But as the doc stated, these are necessary appointments.

In the meantime I am home the rest of the time.

Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear that luminousone. What is the treatment if you don't mind me asking? chemo?

Fingers crossed for you!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Sweetheart, I am so very sorry. You have my heart and prayers.

Oh no :((((((

Terrible news. I have hope for the new research and treatments, though. Please keep us posted.

Platinum Member
    Well, it was a matter of time. The virus has hit my momís care center. It was someone on the hospice side, but it likely will make its way around the building.

They have not allowed visitors for at least 2 weeks. Maybe they did in hospice though.

My mom is 99. She had had a long full life. She does have dementia. Iím just sad she has to be alone at this time. She does sleep a lot these days, so maybe she is oblivious...

News reports from the Detroit area are terrifying. It has hit that area the past 2 days!

Prayers for all healthcare workers.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice