Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 290 of 291 FirstFirst ... 287288289290291 LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 2910

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yeah, my husbandís parents were very close to 40 when he was born and he is 50 so they are at least 12-15 years older than my parents.

I donít think my father-in-law has a lot left heís probably lost I would say 100 pounds. And I mean heís always been an incredibly defiant man but now he still incredibly defiant even to the point of spitting out food if they try to help him. And of course kicks and swears at people because they are not supposed to be ďin his houseĒ. I really donít think he has a lot left either and neither does my husband. And as much trouble as I have had with my in-laws it brought me to tears. Itís very hard to see a proud independent man like that. And of course the pain that brought to my husband and my son. My son was also moved to tears and he does not readily like to display emotion.

It is so sad for all of us. ❤️
    Iím so sorry, Sera. It is heart wrenching to go through.

Platinum Member
    Well, Iím home now and on a different time zone so I was asleep by 8:30 last night. But I did wake up at midnight to the sound of fireworks and big bangs. It startled my cat! Happy New Year!

Went for a long walk today with my friend C and her dog. We saw blue skies and cloudy skies, sunshine and rain showers. And a rainbow. It was a beautiful walk and we also saw a bald eagle and several herons.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by luminousone
    Iím so sorry, Sera. It is heart wrenching to go through.
    It must be hard to see your mom as she is now too.

Platinum Member
    I think what is hard, is not being able to talk with her. I miss those talks, as she has lost the ability to speak and reason due to her dementia.

It is definitely a long goodbye. With the dementia diagnosis, the progression is expected. So I expect to see her the way she is.

She is mostly well cared for. She has lived a very long life - she will be 99 years old next month!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I think what is hard, is not being able to talk with her. I miss those talks, as she has lost the ability to speak and reason due to her dementia.

It is definitely a long goodbye. With the dementia diagnosis, the progression is expected. So I expect to see her the way she is.

She is mostly well cared for. She has lived a very long life - she will be 99 years old next month!
    That is a very long life! Both your parents had a remarkable life!

My FIL canít have a conversation now either.

Platinum Member
    Good week at work. I also found out today that I will have a fill time helper next year so that will be huge.

I am happy to have a 3 day weekend ahead of me. My oldest son flew in today with his gf. I havenít seen them yet - they are staying at my sonsí dadís place. My in-laws live there too, so Iím glad they are able to catch up.

At some point the two will spend a night or two here. I need to get up off of my rear and finish cleaning up the house. Iím excited to see at least one of my sons. My other son is at University and canít make it.

Platinum Member
    Last week I went on a hike through a park, and somehow we saw a cat way up in a tree. It was in the crotch of the tree at a very strange angle. At first we thought it was stalking something below, because it was very still. But then as we stood watching it for a few minutes we realized it was likely stuck. In fact, it never moved its tail or ears or head. I thought I saw it blink itís eyes, though.

My friend called the non emergency police number, and they said they would only send someone if it was injured. By then it had been ten minutes and I thought maybe it was dead or paralyzed.

I took pictures and did a screenshot of the map where we were, pictures of the cat, pictures of junctions of the trail.

And then we moved on.

On our way out of the park we saw the park host moving out of his cabin, as he had found a new job and place to live. But I showed him the pictures and he had me text them to him so he could text the group of volunteers that feed the feral cats and maybe they could do something.

My friend C went hiking through there this week and she said it was gone and there was evidence that someone had cut a trail into the ravine to get to the tree. Iím thinking it was dead, and Iím glad it was taken care of. Likely it was dropped into the tree by an eagle, as eagles live in that park. Poor cat.

Platinum Member
    So my last piece of news - my friend J texted me yesterday to tell me that her brother took his life on Wednesday. She was in shock. It was premeditated, as there was a note and he had planned what they should do with his ashes, and then he drove a ways out of town and gave up on life.

So now both her parents and 2 younger brothers have died in the last 5 years and she is devastated. She is the last one, except her nephews.

Surprisingly she is taking it better than when her other brother died from a heart attack unexpectedly. But of course she is in grief and shock.

The one that took his life had some sort of undiagnosed mental illness (likely bipolar) and was quite angry and abusive to everyone around him. So really he had alienated family and friends. So very sad and tragic.

Platinum Member
    Ack! My cat brought in a mostly alive rat through the cat door. I shoved him outside three times and he brought it back in 3 times. I finally chased him down the driveway so I hope thatís it.

Ack! My cat brought in a mostly alive rat through the cat door. I shoved him outside three times and he brought it back in 3 times. I finally chased him down the driveway so I hope thatís it.
    He just has no idea how gross that is LOL.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice