Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 285 of 286 FirstFirst ... 282283284285286 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 2858

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    He sounds terrifying actually.
    Not really, at least not right now. Just weird. Paranoid and controlling. But that could change. I know the owner of his rental house, and he knows that. If I need to talk with her, I will.

I am wondering if he is a veteran.

Originally Posted by luminousone
    I went to Urgent Care about 8 hours after I was bitten. I've been on antibiotics since, but I see little improvement. So I'm going in to see my doc today. I decided to take the day off to allow my body to fight this. I had a slight fever of 100 yesterday, and that is with taking the antibiotic.
    Jeez.... Unsurprising, though. My coworker went through three different antibiotics before I stopped keeping track. And he's still limping around unhappily. He missed a lot of work, too. At first everyone was making fun of him ("If Rambo can swim across a river with a bullet wound in his leg and a machine gun in his mouth, Adam can come to work"). But now it's not really funny any more.

You know, I hate to bring this up, but have you considered the possibility that the cat may have had rabies? I read about it yesterday after reading your last post and tried to dismiss it as ridiculous... but the opposite happened.

Years ago, my aunt, who loves feeding the fauna in her yard, was scratched by one of her raccoon-friends. The raccoon wasn't vicious, just excited. The scratch became infected and she called either her doctor or the department of health (can't remember which) to ask how to treat it. They told her to get treated for rabies. Then they sent a police car to her house to take her to the hospital!!!!

God, I feel horrible bringing up rabies, but with a stray you never know. To make matters worse, it takes over a month for symptoms to appear, and once they do appear the virus is at a fatal level.

Sorry to be an alarmist.
    Last edited by Jibralta; 10-09-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Platinum Member
    Thanks for asking, Jib. None of the doctors were concerned about rabies aND we did discuss that. But if I was near due on my tetanus shot they would have given that to me. But I'm up to date on that for another 4 years.

After I wrote that last post, I got a great night sleep. My fever broke sometime in the night. Swelling went mostly down. So I went to my doctor's appointment and the hand was doing well. She said to continue as I have. And then I took the rest of the day off of work.

Today I went back and I got a lot of reports done but not my main job. Just mostly low key.

There was a consultant doing some training, whose daughter is good friends with my older son. (They've known each other since second grade, they are adults now). Anyhow, the consultant mentioned that my son might be transferred to Seattle. Well that was news to me. Lol. I think I need to communicate with him more often, so I don't hear things second or third hand.

Platinum Member
    This antibiotic is harsh and brutal with my digestive system. But it seems to be working.

Originally Posted by luminousone
    Thanks for asking, Jib. None of the doctors were concerned about rabies aND we did discuss that. But if I was near due on my tetanus shot they would have given that to me. But I'm up to date on that for another 4 years.

After I wrote that last post, I got a great night sleep. My fever broke sometime in the night. Swelling went mostly down. So I went to my doctor's appointment and the hand was doing well. She said to continue as I have. And then I took the rest of the day off of work.
    Great. Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Platinum Member
    My hand is healing nicely. Almost done with the antibiotics now.

Had a good weekend - I went to a "murder mystery" dinner Sat night, so I had to hunt up a costume for my character. the dinner was so much fun and we laughed so hard! In the end none of us guessed the killer.

Yesterday i.mowed my front lawn. I found that I had to pick up several dog poops in my front yard. I don't have a dog - my neighbor has 2. You know, the neighbor that mowed my lawn because my mow stripes didn't match his.

Platinum Member
    OMG, that guy mowed my lawn again, 3 days after I did! I came home yesterday to the diagonal stripes. So weird.

I think I will throw some organic fertilizer on there, since it is mowed so frequently...

Platinum Member
    Work has been so much better. My new boss is zany at times, opinionated at times, and you always know where she stands, whether you agree or not. I do better with direct communication.

The harder thing about that is she has a firm opinion and may be more closed minded than I would like. My old boss was so collaborative and I miss that.

But new boss is bringing positive changes in with her, so she is shaking things up a bit. And that is a good thing.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    That guy is nut.

Platinum Member
    I was at a dinner last night and told the group about him.

There was a psychologist at the dinner that got a funny look on her face when she heard the story. And then, strangely, she asked me to describe him. I wonder if it was one of her clients. But of course she won't share that with me and I won't ask. But it was an odd question.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice