Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 283 of 290 FirstFirst ... 280281282283284285286 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 2900

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Oh god, how awkward.

I've had a couple 'involved' neighbors (shall we say)....but never one who came onto my property like that. I'm trying to think how I would react. Cutting my lawn is great, but my first concern would be self-preservation. I'd really have to feel the situation out. I'd worry if he could be dangerous--I'd probably get a webcam lol! And it would be high security protocol for a while.

Growing up, I once had neighbors who were so preoccupied with appearances that they (unsurprisingly) policed the neighborhood for people who violated HOA policies and (surprisingly!) swept our cul-de-sac! My mom loved them for being so neat, and made fun of them for being so nosy. Of course, my mom is a little nosy in her own way, so I got to enjoy that irony.

This made me LOL:

Originally Posted by luminousone
    One year, some acquaintances moved in and we were both surprised.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    That is actually creepy as hell . Over involved neighbours have the potential to become a neighbour horror show.

oh . .I just can't help but think of things to come!
    My next door neighbor is a tad bit like that. I water down my patio and she immediately comes out with a hose to make sure none of the leaves are in front of her house. . in the street!

Platinum Member
    Thanks everyone. I just felt a bit violated. I don't think he is a creeper, per se. But I think he is full of himself. Acyually, i know he is full of himself. Anyhow, I take this as a "hint" that I am not taking care of my lawn properly in his eyes. Which is actually true.

Anyhow, I saw it in daylight today and it does look nicer than when I do it, lol.

The thing is my neighbor on the other side could really use that kind of help. Her husband died a few years ago and now she was diagnosed with mild onset dementia. So one neighbor goes over to mow her lawn once in a while. I take her shopping. (Which is why I ran out of time to mow this weekend).

My cousin's husband worked for a company that sent him and his family to Japan for about 4 years. My cousin said that if she didn't get out to sweep her walkway and steps each morning, her elderly neighbors would come and do it. She had 2 small children so it was hard to get out there to get it done so early in the morning, but she learned that she had to do that.

I'll get him a Starbucks card but make it clear that I want to mow my own lawn.

Platinum Member
    This made me LOL:[/QUOTE]

Yes, at first I recognized a mutual friend that was helping her move. And then I realized who they were helping out. They stayed there for a few years, then bought a house, and they were nice neighbors. But they are long gone It has been about 9 years, and when clearing out the blackberry bushes this summer I found a baseball with her son's name on it. So that was funny.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    That is actually creepy as hell . Over involved neighbours have the potential to become a neighbour horror show.
    I know you had your share of that with your former neighbors...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    oh . .I just can't help but think of things to come!
    My next door neighbor is a tad bit like that. I water down my patio and she immediately comes out with a hose to make sure none of the leaves are in front of her house. . in the street!
    Oh my, I hope there are no more things to come!

Lol on your neighbor - some people are just obsessive.

Platinum Member
    Sheesh. A stray cat found its way into my cat door. And so I had quite the ruckus in my dining room when he and my cat were having a standoff. Usually when I show up it's enough to scare off other cats, but this one wouldn't budge. I was able to scoop up my cat and put him in the bathroom and shut the door. But the stray would not go any where.

I tried to pick it up but that was a bug mistake (and I have the scratches to prove it). I tried guiding it out with a broom but all he did was attack the broom. So finally I got a brilliant idea and got the vacuum out and started to vacuum. That worked. He ran out.

This was an hour ago. So eventually my cat went outside, only to enter another loud standoff right outside my bedroom window. And neither would back down. Eventually I went out there with a flashlight and a broom, and I was able to convince my cat to back off. Which he has never done before. So I brought him inside with me and gave him treats.

I don't think this is the end of this problem.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Sounds like the stray is engaged in a hostile take over. 😳

Platinum Member
    Work is so much better this year. I'm still traumatized from last year, but we have different personnel and one is a new supervisor for me. She has been sometimes pushy or dictatorial but I am really hoping that was just her, trying to assert herself into her new position. My former boss was more collaborative. My new one seems to be showing a zany side.

Anyhow, the next boss up is her boss (and ultimately my boss too). That higher boss is calm and composed, somewhat tightly wound with a formal demeanor. So employees address her in a professional manner.

I was working late one evening and most people had gone home. I heard "Marco" called out down the hall, so I responded "Polo?", slightly amused. It was my new supervisor, who said "Wrong Polo. I'm looking for Julie" (the big boss). Lol. I would never choose to address Julie in that manner. New supervisor is a bit of a character.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice