Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2854

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Originally Posted by luminousone
    You get the gist.
    Sorry, but I laughed at some of your plight...... It was pretty funny

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Sorry, but I laughed at some of your plight...... It was pretty funny
    Lol, laugh away. Maybe I'll be more amused in a year...

The dang cat. He was the one that chose to live at my house and also next door some years ago. We kept giving him back to his owner that lived on the street behind us. And he would come back. The last time I returned him, he found my cat door and happily jumped up on my bed for the night. Which caused a ruckus with my own cat (who is now no longer living).

Anyhow, he apparently hangs out at other houses, and thinks he owns the neighborhood. I guess I rate, though. I don't think he brings anyone else presents.

He is a very effective hunter. I just don't want the "gifts" in my house.

I have to figure out the cat door situation. He will never settle for being an indoor cat. I may choose to block off the cat door somehow and just let him in and out manually.

Sigh

Platinum Member
    Oh, and about my houseguest. I was so exhausted that I was pretty snippy with her. She was ready to help me fix the toilet or whatever other pressing projects I need to do (I have many).

Normally I can take her in small doses but I just didn't have the energy this time. After she drove home I called apologized for being such a snippy host. She understood and knew how exhausted I was. She is lucky she wasn't there for the rat episode!

Platinum Member
    I got out and walked by the river for 6 miles. It was a great day and I feel so much better.

I walked with a friend (I'll call her Sylvia) whose husband has deep anger and jealousy issues. She is on the verge of leaving him, and we talked about how she might safely do that. A year ago he threw her work computer across the room and it was damaged beyond repair. He says he "loves" her and is afraid she will cheat on him with another man. There is no way she would do that - she is as straight-laced as they come.

I asked her to drive out of town to hike some waterfalls but he won't let her go. Controlling is not love. Ugh.

Ugh. Scary.

Platinum Member
    Last year, after the computer incident, she had moved out for 3 weeks. She just stayed at a family member's house. But her daughters (one in college, one in high school) stayed with their dad, and begged her to come back.

I think they understand more clearly the issues this year. Sylvia doesn't want her daughters to think this kind of relationship is normal.

He is retired, but does no work around the house. She cooks, cleans, works full time, etc.

Anyhow, they had some property that they were going to build on and he decided he didn't want to build a new house because he was sure she would move into it and get a divorce. This was last year. Moving into it was the last thing on her mind - she just wanted to generate a bit more rental income before her youngest goes to college.

She talked him into it, and he was going to oversee the construction. After it was approved and started, he stopped doing anything with it, and just let things slide.. So she has to go over there to manage all of the work, after her job.

Anyhow, now he is controlling again. When she goes over to meet with the workers, her husband accuses her of flirting with them. (She would never ever do that).

So now, even though it was not a thought last year when he accused her, she is now contemplating moving into the house when it finishes this fall.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    How are you doing these days LUM?

I was wondering that myself!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    How are you doing these days LUM?
    Hi Sera and Jib!

I'm fine. Just back to work (school). I was out of town the past 2 weekends, too. One weekend of fun and museums with a friend. The next weekend I went to one workshop with coworkers and then I traveled to another city by myself for a more advanced version of that workshop.

I have a new boss. She went to one of the workshops with me so I got to know her a little. I think I irritated her - I just got that vibe from her. So I got worried about what kind of year I have ahead of me.

But - since we've returned I have been much more encouraged. And she put a note in my box to say that I made her day today, so that was super nice.

They hired someone to help me for a few hours each day and I am so grateful for the help. Things are shaping up for a much better year.

I have been enjoying having my son home for a bit, before he goes back to University. He has been writing songs and recording this summer - and learning how to do different techniques. He is planning on making this his profession.

I ran into a friend tonight who is an emergency room physician, and she told me he will likely get bored with this as a profession and will find something else to challenge his mind. She knows him pretty well. But then, she is driven, and looks at life through that lense. Anyhow, time will tell.

Fall stuff has started up again. I'm on a few committees, so I've been to a few meetings.

And so it all starts up again in the rhythm of life.

My son goes over to his dad's in a few days, to house sit. My ex's parents have moved in with him, and he is going out of town for 2 weeks. My MIL falls frequently and her husband needs help getting her up. So my son will be there to help out.

I had fun having him home for a bit. And he actually did some cleaning and chores without my asking. Big shocker! He doesn't clean counters well though...

And that's about it. Just the rhythm of life these days...

Platinum Member
    Still in that life rhythm these days. Work is going so much better this year! I'm so relieved. Last year was so horrible and I seriously thought of quitting.

We've had chilly Fall weather the past few days which is nice. I went for a 5 mile walk on Saturday morning and was going to mow the lawn after but when I got back it started raining. The next day I had church and in the afternoon I took my neighbor shopping. By the time I got back it was raining again.

Today was a decent day, but of course I was at work. I figured I would mow after work one day this week. But when I went to take the garbage out, I noticed the lawn was mowed. All in neatly diagonal lines.

I have a strange neighbor. He and his wife moved in a month ago. He is, apparently, very picky about his lawn, because I had a service working on my back yard (cutting out blackberries) and they had to go through my gate - which is right by the edge of his yard. And I guess they walked on part of his yard in the process so he yelled at them.

I was out of town at the time, so when I returned, he told me that he yelled at them for me. At the time I really wondered if he had gone into my back yard because he was telling me what terrible workers they were and describing their wor habits.

Anyhow, the last time I mowed, I did a quick job. I know I needed to trim better around the trees but didn't have time. Last Sunday when loading up my neighbor (on the other side) for shopping, I noticed that the trees looked like they were clearer around them and I wondered if he had done that. And then I just thought it was my imagination, because who trespasses into someone else's front yard to do yard work without asking?

Now that my lawn was mowed, I know it was true. He likely doesn't like how I do things so he did it himself.

This guy is a renter. I own my home. I am acquainted with his landlord, who actually lives up the street. (And, the landlord was thrilled that I was getting the blackberries removed. And I told her -and the tenants- they would be using my side gate).

Some people might say I am ungrateful for his "help". But he crossed a boundary, doing my yard work without asking permission to go on my property. It just feels uncomfortable.

I guess it could be a lot worse - in fact it has been worse. Tenants come and go at that house. The last ones were quirky but nice enough. The ones before that had a passel of kids that were loud and unruly and not cared for. And they moved out abruptly in the middle of the night. One year there was a police officer living there - and the house was robbed! One year, some acquaintances moved in and we were both surprised.

Anyhow, I am hoping these renters don't stay long...

Give Advice
Ask For Advice