Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 281 of 286 FirstFirst ... 278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2854

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    Okay, that little depression blip was weird. I'm doing somewhat better now. While I'm still working slowly, I've gotten some things done. And slept a lot. And generally decompressed from the stress of a horrible work year.

I have a list of things I'm wading through, and slowly knocking things off the list.

It sounds like a rough year all around. Working your buns off, and so many stresses and transitions.
    I hope you get a good recharge. Sending some love your way.
    I think sometimes when we get close to that burnout point, or have pushed ourselves past it, it normal to feel a little blue and exhausted when we do finally get that chance to sit still. Its like our bodies go ' ok, great, now I can let go of all this I've been holding in so we could get things done!'. Something like that. It's like how some people get sick every time they have vacation, when they rarely ever take them.
    I hope I'm not presuming too much, just thoughts I had as I've had similar feelings before when finally getting downtime after a long stretch.
    You've always been such a sweetheart to everyone here, just wishing you the best.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Awwww, I am sorry you are feeling down. Hugs 🤗

I hope you are feeling better!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    It sounds like a rough year all around. Working your buns off, and so many stresses and transitions.
    I hope you get a good recharge. Sending some love your way.
    I think sometimes when we get close to that burnout point, or have pushed ourselves past it, it normal to feel a little blue and exhausted when we do finally get that chance to sit still. Its like our bodies go ' ok, great, now I can let go of all this I've been holding in so we could get things done!'. Something like that. It's like how some people get sick every time they have vacation, when they rarely ever take them.
    I hope I'm not presuming too much, just thoughts I had as I've had similar feelings before when finally getting downtime after a long stretch.
    You've always been such a sweetheart to everyone here, just wishing you the best.
    Thanks so much, IAG!
    It truly was a toxic year on so many levels. It makes sense that my body and spirit need to recover. I'm getting there, slowly...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Awwww, I am sorry you are feeling down. Hugs 🤗
    Thanks, Sera. Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    I hope you are feeling better!
    I'm getting there. I feel like I am taking charge.

Platinum Member
    Had a packed few days.

Last week I went with friends to a science lecture that was so fascinating.

On Sat I went blueberry picking for 3 hours in the morning, then rushed home to get cleaned up for a pub crawl. (Believe it or not, it was a fundraiser for my church).

The pub crawl was fun - it was on a peddle cart that we all had to peddle power ourselves to the next place. Picture bar stools around a bar counter with cycle peddles for each seat and a sane and sober person steering up front. Lol...

I only had one hard cider at the first stop, then a few tastes, Kombucha, and iced tea at the other places. Great fun with nice people, very unique experience.

Then a friend and I drove down to the Oregon Country fair on Sunday, which was great fun.

My only problem was that I was completely exhausted, because my cat had decided to bring a live rat into the cat door in the middle of the night - right into my bedroom! And he let it go!!! I am do traumatized! And sleep deprived!

Anyhow, it got behind my dresser so the cat lost interest. I got a broomstick to flush it out. And those suckered are so fast apparently! And can jump! And climb! Ugh ugh ugh, I still have shudders.

Fortunately I had had the great idea of closing off doors to the other rooms, so he dashed into the bathroom with cat in tow. The cat was happy to chase it, but then once it was cornered he just flopped down as if to get me to take care of the rest. So - I got a plastic tub from my recycling and was able to plop that over it and slide cardboard under and transport it to the outside.

I've never seen rats around here before this year. I've heard that backyard chickens and compost piles have provided plenty of food for the critters...

Anyhow, my next door neighbor had hired a service for her rodent problem, and I was thinking she had mice. But now I suspect it was much more than that...

So - my friend decided to stay at my place last night since she lives farther. When we got back from the festival, there was a live bird in the livingroom and bird poop all over my kitchen floor! I caught it with a towel and put it outside.

To make things worse, there was a little ant trail through my carpet to the cat food. So - I vacuumed and mopped thoroughly after 10 pm last night, cursing that I apparently am doomed to have all of nature invade my home...

I forgot to mention that he proudly brought me a live garter snake last Thursday, which I put outside...

I hope I sleep well tonight.

No more animals in the house!!!

Oh wait, that should be in all caps: NO MORE ANIMALS OR ANTS OR OTHER BUGS IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime, my toilet innards are malfunctioning do I had bought a new set (tower and flap) to try to fix it. But I ran out of time. I have to look at YouTube videos to see how to do it.

So my guest, who often has bouts of IBS, was having to fill up a bucket to flush because the tank would not fill properly. I'm sure it was a huge annoyance for her. She offered to help me with that project, but I was so tired and cranky and not in a good space to embark on that project.

Also, she was talking my ear off, so after a few days of traveling together I was ready for her to go home. I'll work on the toilet tank thingy this week. I don't know why she kept choosing to use that bathroom, since I have another one...

So there you have it. Some fun stuff for me. And some other stuff for which I cannot even begin to think of a fitting adjective. Except exhausting and traumatizing. Those fit.

Not sure what to do about my cat's hunting activities that have increased this week. I can deal with garter snakes, and even mice. But not rats!!!!!

My cat door broke a few years ago, so I can't block it off (the flap fell off).

Well, hope your weekend did not involve animal and pest management!

Oh my god, luminousone! What a post!

Platinum Member
    Yes! But sorry about the typos. You get the gist.

So I got somewhat better sleep last night - I did wake up frequently, wondering what the cat may have brought in. He did come in at 3 am, and was sniffing around the back of my dresser. But I think that was just hopeful thinking on his part.

Was going to walk today, but my friend has a workshop. So - that gives me one more day to recuperate. We will walk tomorrow.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice