Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 276277278279280 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2792

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    My dad's memorial service was really nice. It truly honored his spirit and the wonderful man he was. My mom seemed comforted by all of our relatives that came in from all over.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am glad that your dad was so honoured. I am glad you had/have wonderful parents and siblings.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am glad that your dad was so honoured. I am glad you had/have wonderful parents and siblings.
    Thanks Sera!
    My siblings had a few squabbles while I was there (something to do with money leant to another). Sometimes grief expresses itself that way. But yes, I've been blessed with great parents and siblings.

Platinum Member
    Another one of my coworkers quit today. He was such a great worker. I'm so sad. I think it was all about money, since they just rolled out a new salary and benefit adjustment. One of my coworkers said he was not happy with how his salary ended up.

On a better note, the contracted worker we were stuck with all year will not be with us as of June.

Platinum Member
    My former mother in law had fallen and broken her hip a few weeks ago. She had surgery to replace part of her hip. She had been in the hospital, and last week at a rehab center. I went to see her Monday night.

She seemed chipper and looked good. I think she got to go home today, because she was able to go up some stairs in physical therapy.

Anyhow, I took her some flowers and visited with her a bit. She said that they had put her on some pain pills (and honestly I think she was rattled from the fall). Anyhow, she told me that she hallucinated at the care center.

She had woken up in a sweat and was really cold and for some reason she thought she was at a weather station in Northern Alaska, out in the wilderness. She was afraid she was going to die, so she called 911 on her cell phone. Somehow 911 figured out where she was, so they called the nursing station at the care center to send someone down the hall. So crazy!

They took her off those pain meds.

Oh god. A similar thing actually happened to my father when he was in the hospital.

He wasn't on pain meds, but supposedly just being in a place like that for days can actually cause temporary madness in some people. At least that's what they told me at the time!

I was there for his hallucinations. Some of them were kind of funny.

For example, he thought he lived down the street from President HW Bush and Mrs. Bush.

He thought the nurse's name tag had a picture of her dog, but it was a picture of her (unfortunately, he said, "Why do you have a picture of your dog on your badge."

Some were probably scary. For example, he thought I was abducted by terrorists and that he was feeding me water through the floor boards.

He was also obnoxious. One day he introduced me, "This is my daughter, the old maid." I was 30.

Fortunately, he didn't call 911.

Platinum Member
    Oh my gosh, that is funny! "Why do you have a picture of a dog on your name tag"

Platinum Member
    I may have posted this here already, but my dad was hallucinating last summer. He was a structural engineer, and it was all about an elevator shaft, two stories high, 9' x 12', etc. We had them change his meds too.

Platinum Member
    So glad it's the weekend.
    Things are still intense at work but they are in the process of hiring new people.

I met the candidate who would be my new supervisor briefly yesterday as I came out from a staff training. I hadn't paid much attention - just that she had come in the door and no one else was there to greet her. And I was trying to get out the door since I had to be somewhere. Turns out they are close to hiring her for the supervisor position. Should have stopped to get to know her.

I've had some strange interactions with my current supervisor and I'm not sure what that was all about. I usually have a great working relationship with her (and Im going to really miss her!). I suspect the interactions are at the direction of her boss, which worries me a bit - because her boss has little idea of what I do and my worth in the job. Big boss is not leaving and will likely be training the new supervisor, and I don't want the new working relationship tainted.

In the meantime, I'm going to go back to school this summer to add certification to my degrees. Maybe that will help.

Platinum Member
    Three new employees. Actually 4. One guy has been temporary since February and they hired him permanently. It's not the most healthy environment these days, but I am hoping the drama dies down.

The temp guy- seemed pretty good at first. But then he got angry and yelled at our bookkeeper about his pay. He had signed a contract and she gave him copies and explained it to him, but I think he didn't read it and he unloaded on the bookkeeper when it didn't turn out like he wanted. Not a good sign.

I already had reservations about him. He does not answer my emails and he was also involved in the other fiasco in the fall (in a different, contracted position). Hopefully it will work out, but I'm worried about the anger outburst. And the lack of followup on crucial emails.

I think my new boss is going to be good though. I hope she brings sanity and healing to my workplace. Just 3 more weeks to go before summer break.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice