Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 273274275276
Results 2,751 to 2,759 of 2759

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    They had a staff meeting today. I'm so sad. My boss has taken another job. She is hands down my best boss ever. I actually teared up at the meeting, I was so stunned.

I mean, I'm happy for her of course. She will be doing her dream job and she is excited. But I'm so very sad to have her go.

It doesn't help that we still have an opening to replace the whacko that was just fired. And one staff member will be retiring at the end of the year due to health reasons.

Platinum Member
    My brother called to say that my dad is close to passing. He thinks it will be tonight, after my brother goes home to get a few hours sleep. (That would be my dad's style - not wanting to bother anyone). He is 100 years old, so not unexpected. He would have been 101 in a few weeks.

I am grateful for my brother having been there with him.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Awwwww , I am so sorry sweetie. 😔

Platinum Member
    Thanks, Sera. I pray for a peaceful passing for him.

Originally Posted by luminousone
    My thoughts are with you.

100 years old.... what a life!!

Platinum Member
    Thanks Sera and Jib

My sister in law called me last night. My brother had been there for 24 hours and needed to go home for a bit. He texted me and said he thought my dad would wait to die until after he left, because my dad was very private and would not have wanted to inconvenience anyone.

And that is just what happened. My dad passed away peacefully last night, after my mom went to bed in her room and my brother left for a bit.

I just spoke with my brother briefly today and he said that my mom was aware of what had happened despite the dementia. And my oldest brother traveled there to be with my mom. So she was surrounded by some of her children.

Not sure about plans for a memorial. When I was visiting at Christmas I had requested for this summer (knowing that one or both parents would likely pass away soon) since many of the family are in school or would have to make flight plans to get there. But now that it has actually happened, my siblings might have other ideas.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am so sorry. Hugs.

Platinum Member
    My brother was surprised that I went to work today. Honestly I wanted to keep busy, and although I had small waves of grief - I felt very supported there.

I had to do a staff training so I really needed to be there in the afternoon. Everyone was super nice.

Instead of using the PowerPoint presentation, I used the really monotone boring training videos. I was a bit brain dead, so that worked for me. Honestly, it was so monotone that it was almost humorous. Also, the speaker paused during the video and you could hear him turning the pages. It was.. so bad. But we got through it.

Platinum Member
    Lots of plans for the weekend. Weather is springlike, so I'll get out for a walk with my friend C and her dog.

My older son is flying in for a few days. Younger son will drive in for one night, as he has finals next week.

We will celebrate my former MILS birthday on Sunday.

My ex worked on my taxes so I'll go pick up my stuff tomorrow and will be all caught up. I'll be able to do them myself next year.

Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 273274275276

Give Advice
Ask For Advice