"We don't respect each other"

Nightdriver

In one of the post breakup emails, my ex told me this. By and large, I've not tried to over analyze everything, but this one keeps coming back to me.

I know I didn't cheat. I don't believe I showed disrespect in anyway towards her. She claims she didn't cheat. So what could this mean?

(I was ... and continue to be out of work for the first time in my adult life, for almost 18 months now)

Could that out of work thing be what she meant or is it more likely that was her way of telling me in a round about way that she did stray while still together?

An answer I'll never get from her, but yet one that I can't help but ponder.

People who dump the other person usually search a relationship for a long list of justifications as to why the relationship won't work.

Thats why they literally come out with rather ridiculous excuses. Its usually to justify a feeling, but sometimes once the idea you should break up enters their head they will just do and say anything to justify that feeling.

What is the usefulness in pondering whether or not she cheated on you?

probably not much, but i've dated some heathens in the past and would really like to be able to tell people in the future that she "was a great one with whom things just didn't work out" and actually mean it ... if that makes sense.

If I were you, I'd just take the belief that she was a great one that just didn't work out. There is no usefulness knowing anything different if you have'nt been shown anything else but. JMO.

I think as wer get older, we learn to let go and not worry about useless information.

.. good luck.

Archived