Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 708 of 710 FirstFirst ... 705706707708709710 LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 7092

Thread: Online Dating for the 2nd Time - A Journal

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Eliza50
    You haven't pressured her. If she had been that scared about corona, she wouldn't have met you in the first place. No, I think she's just not that interested. Sometimes, it's as simple as that.
    I have people I would meet now -new friends -in an outdoor socially distanced way. I wouldn't be scared. But I declined yet another invitation to go to someone's house for a backyard socially distanced event because of the restroom indoors situation. It depends. Getting Ready for a First Date

Platinum Member
    A couple of days after Polly's CMB message about calling me, I replied "I look forward to your call!" and this morning she texted that she'd call me around 4pm, and indeed she did.

But as soon as I heard her voice, I was really turned off its nasal, type-A, businesslike, no-nonsense, not-at-all-feminine tone.

Still, we chatted for 30 minutes, mostly about vegan concerns. Though I don't think we have much in common other than political/social/environmental issues.

And true to my Type-A perception, she informed me that on the one hand she makes all of her food from scratch (as in, no pre-made flour if she makes bread; she starts with wheat berries!), while on the other, she's on the board of a finance company with a bunch of male Trump supporters with whom she clashes intensely when politics comes up. She also admitted she's a VERY judgmental person, and it's clear she's extremely outspoken and strong-willed.

In short, she was just not the type of person I really want to meet, let alone be in a relationship with. So I was thankful when she said she had to go, leaving me not even a moment to ask her out as I would typically do before concluding the call.

She said she'd call another time but I won't pick up if she does. Oh well.

I agree. Find someone else more laid back.

Platinum Member
    Never heard from POLLY, who last said she'd call me back. Works for me.

---------

This past Tuesday was exactly 2 weeks since SHANDA told us to "slow things down" and "wait a couple of weeks," so I texted her about meeting up again.

She replied within 15 minutes, engaging me in a guessing game about something she recently saw (turned out to be the first snake she'd seen on a trail IRL), then said that, yes, she'd be up for meeting up (smile emoji) but wouldn't "have time (or inclination) to get a Covid test this week" so "can we just meet and talk like we have been?"

I said that was fine. I suggested two hiking places, but she nixed those in favor of a popular lake in the neighborhood next to mine. We're meeting tomorrow afternoon.

Platinum Member
    Just got back from my walking meetup with SHANDA, and it was kind of a disappointment.

She didn't act any differently than before; she was still friendly and engaged in pleasant conversation, but that's the problem. Her interaction would have been fine for a first date, but I didn't get any sense of personal interest in me, just a baseline cordiality.

Plus we only walked for less than 90 minutes before she said "ok there's my car" as a clear signal that the meet was over, when we spent over two hours together each of the last two times.

So my sensible gut reaction is to give up and put her in the rearview.

But my emotional part says "hey, she's so cute and nice! At least text her again and ask point-blank if she's actually interested to confirm that she's not interested in me beyond having a walking buddy." Even though that's probably pretty pointless.

In either case, I just wanna know what I'll probably never find out: why meet up with me a 3rd time if she wasn't interested!!?

Oh well. Looking at the bright side, at least I got to do my daily walk with a cute girl instead of solo today.

Why not ask? If she says she's not interested in more than a friend, then you won't ever wonder and it will be easier to close the door on it.

You'll be doing yourself a favor.

Originally Posted by NorthDallas40
    But my emotional part says "hey, she's so cute and nice! At least text her again and ask point-blank if she's actually interested to confirm that she's not interested in me beyond having a walking buddy." Even though that's probably pretty pointless.
    I would go on one more date and then, if I still couldn't tell, I would ask if she's interested in something more.

Platinum Member
    Based on her reactions before today and what happened this time that you met I'd move on.

Platinum Member
    I sent SHANDA a text this morning:

"Hey Shanda I had fun yesterday... but I didn't get the impression that you see something romantic developing with me. If I read it wrong, I'd love to see you again! If not, "just friends" works too! Please advise "

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by NorthDallas40
    Just got back from my walking meetup with SHANDA, and it was kind of a disappointment.

She didn't act any differently than before; she was still friendly and engaged in pleasant conversation, but that's the problem. Her interaction would have been fine for a first date, but I didn't get any sense of personal interest in me, just a baseline cordiality.

Plus we only walked for less than 90 minutes before she said "ok there's my car" as a clear signal that the meet was over, when we spent over two hours together each of the last two times.

So my sensible gut reaction is to give up and put her in the rearview.

In either case, I just wanna know what I'll probably never find out: why meet up with me a 3rd time if she wasn't interested!!?

Oh well. Looking at the bright side, at least I got to do my daily walk with a cute girl instead of solo today.

Honestly, people are cautious right now due to covid. All meet have been about hiking. Surely there is another activity that you could come up with that is still covid approved but more date-y. In my area, all sorts of drive in movies popped up -- while no kissing, having a picnic and watching a movie like that is a different vibe. She may not be interested, but on the other hand, you want to go hiking to kiss, not going from that to a different activity in a different setting so you can learn more about her. A woman could think that you are not really intersted because you have also not moved to the next level (not with the physical, but coming up with something more exciting to do) Some museums are open as well. To me, unless people are teenagers, walking around together doesn't really lead to wanting to make out.

But if she is not interested or its just bad timing, you didn't invest much emotionally.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice