Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 704 of 704 FirstFirst ... 701702703704
Results 7,031 to 7,038 of 7038

Thread: Online Dating for the 2nd Time - A Journal

Platinum Member
    ND40 am sending you the best possible luck and thoughts for you to find a new job. I am employed but a close family member is not, is financially struggling and to add insult to injury she is a massage therapist in one of the hot spot states- her place reopened but is apparently not observing proper protocols. Since she is very close to the older age group that is supposed to be extra careful she has not gone back. I don't blame her one bit of course and am trying to help her as are other family members. She's a really hard worker too.

Edited to add -she used to sing a lot -in bands too many years ago. She said she and her friend tried to sing using facetime and it was "meh" But I think they still meet virtually from time to time. Getting Ready for a First Date

Platinum Member
    After some sporadic texting over the past 4 days about scheduling our 2nd date hike, JENN moved it from today to "early next week."

The ball's in her court, but I'm assuming she's forfeited the game.

I also got a pretty Hinge match who was responding enthusiastically and promptly... until I gave her my number, at which point she stopped communicating.

In all three of this week's cases, I'm wondering if my unemployed status is partially driving their lack of interest. Because the two women I met in person are in highly accomplished positions that haven't been affected by Covid in the slightest.

3. 08-08-2020, 01:21 PM

Platinum Member
    Good fortune smiled:

- This week I got a new contract fulltime job in my field that pays the same salary as I was making when I was furloughed in March. Good timing, considering the extra $600/wk from the Feds expired. I was brought on by an ex-coworker and I report directly to him, so I've got someone in my corner. It may very well turn into a permanent position, and when I told my old employer, he was desperate to have me back when he's up and running again. So workwise I'm in a good place after 5 months of uncertainty.

- Took a COVID test yesterday, today the results came in, and I *don't* have it!

Been chatting with a photographer/florist who seems cool and we're trying to set up a time to meet, but dating is the least of my concerns at the moment.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by NorthDallas40
    Good fortune smiled:

- This week I got a new contract fulltime job in my field that pays the same salary as I was making when I was furloughed in March. Good timing, considering the extra $600/wk from the Feds expired. I was brought on by an ex-coworker and I report directly to him, so I've got someone in my corner. It may very well turn into a permanent position, and when I told my old employer, he was desperate to have me back when he's up and running again. So workwise I'm in a good place after 5 months of uncertainty.

- Took a COVID test yesterday, today the results came in, and I *don't* have it!

Been chatting with a photographer/florist who seems cool and we're trying to set up a time to meet, but dating is the least of my concerns at the moment.
    Great news all around!

Platinum Member
    I continued texting the aforementioned photographer/florist FOTOFLORA (44, 5'6", Chinese-American) after we had a nice phone convo, she was very responsive, she typically replied in about 10-30 minutes, and her replies were typically about 10x longer than mine; she's a Chatty Cathy.

We finally met for a walk in her friend's neighborhood at 4pm this past Saturday; they were meeting at her friend's place at 5 or 6 for dinner. She looked great, was very pleasant, smart and talkative, and seemed a bit awkward and nerdy in a good way. I liked her, she seemed to have fun hanging out with me, and she was surprised that 90 minutes had elapsed so quickly when we were done.

When I got home, she texted to thank me for meeting up, and shared a funny anecdote about going to her friend's place after we parted. I replied that I had fun too, and would love to meet up again.

It's been about 36 hours and no reply.

CRAP!
    calland make an actual DATE...that way she'll have to say yes or no. Sometimes I get busy...think I'll answer later...and then later never happens. Especially when it's a new thing.....

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Realitynut
    call and make an actual DATE...that way she'll have to say yes or no.
    Maybe I would have done that at the start of this journal, but now I know better.
    If I had called her, I'd have gone into voicemail and gotten the same results. No reason to waste the time.

Sooooo…..nada???

Page 704 of 704 FirstFirst ... 701702703704

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice