Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 695 of 697 FirstFirst ... 692693694695696697 LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 6962

Thread: Online Dating for the 2nd Time - A Journal

Originally Posted by sophie274
    Lol if that offended her then she has very thin skin.
    ditto........

Platinum Member
    Dinner with NESSA tonight was great. She looked even better than her pix (hair, face, body, skin were all nigh-perfect) and she was super sweet, friendly, engaged, and just fun & positive to be around.

Conversation didn't let up for 2 hours, and we seemed to get along well. She laughed frequently at my jokes, and seemed to identify a lot with my creative side. In fact, she said she wrote her profile specifically to attract two types of guys: athletes and artists, since she both snowboards & dances... and does art & music for a hobby.

I have no idea if she'll want to go out again, but I'll be champing at the bit to do so.

But even if she doesn't, this was the kind of nice first date everyone should have.

-----------------

Oddly, NEELA didn't respond to my text from last night asking how the Auntie Assault was going this week (her mom and her mom's 3 sisters are visiting). Hopefully she'll check in tonight or tomorrow.

Platinum Member
    About an hour after our dinner, NESSA texted me links to two videos about things we talked about at dinner. I hope this is a sign of interest, but it could just as easily be her standard MO; she strikes me as a nice person who is more friendly than most folks, whether she's romantically interested in the person across from her or not.

Still no reply from NEELA to my last Wed night text.

Platinum Member
    I texted NESSA back today, she responded quickly, and after a little bit of back and forth, I suggested meeting up again. She responded with a smile emoji, so I reiterated that I loved her smile but would love a date even more. She replied back "Ok" and a smile emoji, so.... I'm pretty sure I'll never see her again.

-----------

NEELA finally replied with a short humorous text this morning, and I've written a text asking her to do something over the weekend... but I'm having some hesitation in sending it. NESSA kinda raised the bar a bit in terms of positive attitude / more relaxed vibe, so seeing NEELA again isn't so appealing. But she's pretty much my only real prospect at this point. Gr.

Platinum Member
    Is there a reason you didn't ask or follow up with a suggestion for a specific day?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Is there a reason you didn't ask or follow up with a suggestion for a specific day?
    I actually did ask NESSA about lunch/dinner/hike this weekend or next week, but she deflected to "lol you still want to hang out with me although I know nothing about your music world?", and when I replied yes, she sent the smile emoji mentioned above.

--------

On the flipside, I finally sent the text to NEELA last night asking about hanging out this weekend, and she replied this morning "I would like all of the above (i.e. my activity suggestions) but am on 24/7 duty until 7/27 @ 7am. Sometime thereafter? If the offer doesn't expire by then." So she's still in the game, and I've got a week to myself.

Platinum Member
    Iím glad you followed up as you did. Itís on her to respond in a direct way just as you were direct with her.

Platinum Member
    NESSA never got back to me, so I didn't get back to her either. Another friendly, interesting, attractive hottie dismisses ND40. Sigh

------------------

However, I hung out with NEELA again this past weekend. I suggested multiple daytime & nighttime outside activities, but she opted for making me dinner at her place and me bringing over a movie.

Turns out she didn't really make dinner for me, she just had leftover soba noodles from the week with her mom & aunties, and we ate very casually at the island in her kitchen. Nothing romantic.

When it came time to watching the movie, she has a huge flatscreen but it's waaay across the room from the sofa, and it wasn't even set up properly. After we spent 25 minutes getting it going (and still having to suffer through "motion smoothing" which we couldn't figure out how to turn off), we watched both MARATHON MAN and most of THE INVITATION (two movies I love), but she didn't like either of them. She also didn't cuddle much on the sofa, though she did down one Crown Royal after another, getting slightly more affectionate (and drunk) as it got towards midnight.

Finally we went to bed, had sex twice, slept, had sex again in the morning, then had breakfast before I had to leave.

As before, the conversation was meh overall since she's not very enthusiastic about anything, doesn't have any hobbies, and is rather cold/critical in general, so I just kind of felt like I was being used for sex, which is fine I guess. She did tell me after sex in the morning "that was really good. Like REALLY good," so... thanks?

I didn't feel compelled to contact her since I left on Sunday morning, but she just texted me now "I'm sick of eating soba noodles" which I'm interpreting as a green light for a 3rd get-together... most likely at her place again.

I'll keep meeting with her as long as she initiates (and I don't have anyone else), but I'm still not enthusiastic nor do I think she wants anything more than a f*ckbuddy.

Sidenote: as if on cue, as I was writing this DAKOTA just texted "Korean (crazy) + lawyer (more crazy) so just keep this chic as a sexfriend." I replied that her plan was my plan

------------------

But speaking of Japanese women, I have a dinner date tomorrow with KIGA (CMB, 44, 5'7", translator) who seems cute and nice though I can't really tell what she looks like just from her pics. I told DAKOTA and she thinks she's a friend of one of her friends! I have no idea if KIGA has a kid, but if she has a 22-yo... then DAKOTA may be right If so, DAKOTA says "she's b*tchy but easy to have sex with." I told her that describes NEELA ;)

Platinum Member
    KIGA was very nice, but not very attractive, and seemed much older than 44, so nothing there for me.

Though it was amusing that she mentioned being from Saitama, which she claimed Tokyo residents consider to be their NJ "bridge & tunnel" neighbor to Tokyo's cosmopolitan NY equivalent.

So when I texted Tokyo native DAKOTA to tell her that KIGA informed me that Tokyo people talk down about Saitama, she texted back "It's like New Jersey there."

------------------------

It took three days from when I last saw her, but two days ago NEELA texted me about meeting up again tonight. I already have solo plans to see the new QT movie, so I said maybe later. She replied that her mom & aunties return tomorrow through Wednesday, but it turns out that I'm busy next Wed, Fri & Sat w/ band and DJ stuff. I suggested we could get together on Thursday.

KIGA
    was very nice, but not very attractive, and seemed much older than 44, so nothing there for me.

Much older??? Like 49??? your age??? VERY NICE...but not very attractive?? I gotta ask....are YOU VERY ATTRACTIVE??? Maybe someone your age...and very nice...would be a good fit...if only you could get it out of your head you need a younger, HOT Asian chick, with a killer bod...and it would be nice if she as vegan and loved your movie and music choices.

Unless you're a hot 9 or 10 ND....I read you every day when you post...and wanna yell everytime you say...but she had a bit of a belly....OMG!!!

Get to know a nice girl....and maybe...who knows. I know you have said you've tried to date others...you like what you like...blah, blah, blah. But you haven't cuz its in your 'mindset'. THAT is what has to change...or you'll be chasing these illusive fantasy creatures til you're 70!!!! Then what ? No one is too hot at 70!!! lol

I'm frustrated at my lack of dating possibilities because no man wants anyone OLDER than them. At least YOU can go younger...I can't. I'm going to be 65...and not thin..but men my age are half dead! lol So it's frustrating to hear a grown man of 49 saying a woman of 44 looks much older....or she had a bit of a tummy. Or crooked teeth...or not as attractive as I like....and on and on. I keep thinking...you're so lucky you have all these choices....but WHY is there never a second or third date. Could it be YOU that is not so HOT? And young...and....you get the picture....

I'm just an older woman getting upset over men who are so very shallow....lol...sorry....

Give Advice
Ask For Advice