Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 693 of 695 FirstFirst ... 690691692693694695 LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 6944

Thread: Online Dating for the 2nd Time - A Journal

Platinum Member
    Last year I went out with NEELA ([Register to see the link] ) for a few weeks.

When she dozed off at dinner on our 5th date, I decided not to pursue further.

She texted me about 2 weeks later, asking how my week was going and if "would it be too awkward to meet up as just friends."

I didn't reply, and she didn't text me again. Until now:

"Hi ND40"

What the h*ll is wrong with people!

Platinum Member
    I read that she lived right across the street from Dakota. Do they know eachother at this point?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I read that she lived right across the street from Dakota. Do they know eachother at this point?
    No, but I told DAKOTA awhile back. She always laughs when I bring it up, especially since as a proud Tokyo-born woman, she enjoys laughing at Koreans' expense anyway.

Anyway, I texted back something to the effect of "What is this craziness?" using a pun on NEELA's name.

She replied, "Just saying hi. I miss your witty banter."

I could only think of snarky replies so I didn't.

Yeah, but what if she was hoping for a snarky reply?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by WithLove
    Yeah, but what if she was hoping for a snarky reply?
    With my punny reply using her name, she got the first taste for free.

After that? @ss, gas or grass, baby.

Platinum Member
    PARRA messaged me back that she was seeing a concert this weekend, and asked if I had any fun plans.

Haven't replied yet, but I will most likely not tell her that I've confirmed lunch tomorrow with NAMI. Just need to pick a place.

And I just texted NESSA about next week, though I'm not hopeful.

Platinum Member
    I haven't replied to PARRA yet.

NESSA agreed to dinner on Thursday.

NAMI suggested a lunch spot so we're on for tomorrow.

I didn't text NEELA back. But she texted again, asking what I'm doing tomorrow. I said lunch with a friend. She invited me to dinner.

Platinum Member
    Lunch with NAMI was fun. The weather was hot and she walked to meet me at the restaurant, so when I tried to give her a hug she begged off because she was sweaty.

She was a little heavier and more "mature" than I expected (she seemed younger in her pics, but I think most were recent), but she was still attractive, friendly and talkative.

On that last point, I should say she was VERY talkative. She talked almost non-stop about her life, career, drugs and food, which was all interesting because she seems smart and her stories were entertaining.

But I was left with about only 20% of the total conversation time. Not a great ratio.

She also didn't make a lot of eye contact, so I got the sense that either she's a bit benignly self-absorbed, or just wasn't interested in making too much of a connection with me.

That said, we had a nice 2-hour chat, time flew by, and I'm sure we could have hung out longer. But she had another engagement, we hugged and parted. She texted me later "Thanks for lunch, ND40. Had a great time chatting."

So I'll ask her out again for sure, but I'm not counting on her accepting.

----------------

I agreed to dinner with NEELA tonight, but reminded her that she dozed off on our last date over a year ago.

I also forced her to choose the restaurant (she picked a vegan place I've never tried, but that looks great) and to pick me up as well.

This is not my standard MO, but neither is accepting a date from someone who last requested that we be platonic; I'm not going to make a big effort for an outing for whose purpose about which I'm unclear.

She's supposed to come pick me up in about 3 hours. Could be fun, could be very annoying.

----------------

After another text or two, it's now in my court to come up with dinner plans with NESSA this Thursday.

How'd it go with NEELA?

Iím surprised that youíre still finding new vegan restaurants to go to! You must live in a gigantic city!

Give Advice
Ask For Advice