Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 690 of 695 FirstFirst ... 687688689690691692693 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 6941

Thread: Online Dating for the 2nd Time - A Journal

Platinum Member
    LEILEI texted again today to tell me saw a bear on her hike today. I sent a jokey reply, she sent the same kind of character-based emoji that KIMORA does, and I replied. Not sure what she's getting at here, but whatever.

I also replied to KIMORA, telling her I'd seen Stereolab in 1995.

Sigh.

Letting you down easy....lol

LEILEI kind of sounds like she likes you more than you like her, which is weird given her responses on your last date.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by WithLove
    LEILEI kind of sounds like she likes you more than you like her, which is weird given her responses on your last date.
    Was thinking the same about LEILEI. I’m wondering, does she like ND in a romantic way, because her texts following their dates makes it seem like she does. Or, does she enjoy ND’s company and conversations in a more ‘I like you as a friend’ type of way.

Hard to say, but she could be the slow-moving type. She might like to take it slow, build on the connection over time, and becomes more romantically interested when it comes to having a stronger emotional connection. Who knows...

Definitely a hard read.

Platinum Member
    I think LEILEI and KIMORA both like me on a platonic level, and are texting me out of politeness and/or boredom.

If either of them were seeing me as a romantic prospect, they're not giving any of the usual signs, which leads me to my favorite oft-mentioned quote from RONIN which sums up the dating experience in a nutshell:

"If there's a doubt, there's no doubt."

Platinum Member
    If they are continuing to text you out of sheer boredom, that’s annoying & irritating.

If only people were more upfront with their intentions and feelings...

Platinum Member
    Nothing from LEILEI nor KIMORA since my last texts. Works for me.

Otherwise...

TINDER
    - Messaged an attractive Caucasian match I got awhile ago. No reply.
    - Messaged an attractive new Asian match. No reply.
    - Messaged an attractive new Caucasian match. Got a jokey response but I have zero interest in replying; she's an admitted hypochondriac.

HINGE
    - Messaged an attractive Caucasian match I got awhile ago. No reply.
    - Messaged an attractive new Caucasian match. Got a nice response but I have zero interest in replying; she seems nice but her teeth are jacked.
    - Messaged an attractive new Caucasian match. Got a jokey response but I have zero interest in replying; she seems nice and even kind of a music person, but she may be a little heavier than I prefer.

BUMBLE
    - Messaged an attractive new Caucasian match who, as per the app's rules, had to message me first. She said "You've got a Bryan Adams thing going on" which is a comparison I haven't gotten since high school in the 80s. I replied with a joke about being conceived in the Summer of '69, which turns out to be true. She sent me a response in the morning, but she unmatched us by that night. Like the others, however, I had zero interest in replying anyway; she seems nice but she may have been a little heavier than I prefer.

Moral of the story for me: for whatever reason, I'm simply not interested in dating Caucasian women, and attempting to "fake it 'til I make it" doesn't even get my enthusiasm up enough to send a second message. It feels like I'm going through the motions, so I just let 'em go.

I may message the Tinder hypochondriac or the Hinge music woman... but I really couldn't care less.

Platinum Member
    The previously non-responsive attractive Caucasian TINDER match replied, so I just did as well.

I also got a semi-cute Asian match on OKC; I'd messaged her in April and she finally got back to me. Just replied.

Platinum Member
    Caucasian Tinder woman replied again, I'll give her my number but I'm not enthusiastic.

OKC Asian match never replied. But I just messaged about 15 new women on OKC now; one Korean replied, giving me her KaoKaoTalk address.

Platinum Member
    TINDER

Got a tall & sexy Caucasian match, but she mentioned she only dates white guys, which is kind of a turnoff. I mean, no problem if that’s her preference, but advertising it seems sketchy. Bleh, her profile isn't all that appealing otherwise, so I'm not replying.

—————

HINGE

TING (Asian, 46, 5’3”) looks really hot and very cheerful. She sent me two messages and actually asked legit questions about me, so I gave her my number just now.

—————

OKC

I messaged about 15 new women yesterday and it seems to have paid off. In order of potential:

GWEN (Asian, 47, no height given) - Attractive & active (though maybe has spent too much time in the sun), sent me a couple of decent messages, so I replied and gave her my number just now.

THEA (Asian, 44, 5'2") - super-hot mom of two who describes herself as “perfectly imperfect”, “spontaneous” and “bit of crazy”, so the red flags are already in place. She replied that she loved all my photos and interests, though, so I replied gave her my number just now.

NESSA (Asian, 42, 5'6") - super-hot new-agey aerial dancer, wrote me a lengthy reply, so I replied and gave her my number just now.

MILA (Asian, 50, 5'2") - cute but a bit stocky, sent me an enthusiastic-sounding message but didn’t respond when I replied.

NIJA (Asian, 39, no height given) - she gave me her KaoKaoTalk ID, but no message. Skip.

POLLY (Caucasian, 47, 5'3") - she actually matched with me before I sent her a message, but she didn’t respond to it.

LUISA (caucasian, 41, 5'3") - she “liked” me in order to read my message, but didn’t reply.

—————

LEILEI also texted me out of the blue last night: “How is your practice today? When is your performance?”

I replied “Hi Leilei. We play next weekend. Are you coming?”

No reply.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice