LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 686 of 687 FirstFirst ... 683684685686687 LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 6862

Thread: Online Dating for the 2nd Time - A Journal

Have you finally met up with KIMORA and KWAN?

2. 05-16-2019, 12:39 AM

Reason
    Spam

Platinum Member
    After cancelling a first dinner with KWAN, neither of us contacted each other again. Worked for me.

I’ve gotten a few other matches since then, most of whom didn’t pan out.

One 37-yo from China seemed very cute and we talked on the phone last night, but her grasp of English isn’t great and she lives about 50 miles away with her mom. Last night she asked me to text her my schedule so we could meet up, but instead today I texted that 50 miles was too much distance for me. So she’s out.

On a similar note, the Hinge woman from post #6846 who said she was too overwhelmed by the dating apps to talk with me at the time got back in touch via text a couple of days ago… but since she lives 35 miles away, has a kid, and doesn’t seem to have much in common with me, I told her the distance was too much and she was cool with that.

What I didn’t tell her was that KIMORA lives where she does - haha! But KIMORA is childless and has been more engaged, so the distance is less of an issue with her. And luckily, though KIMORA has been in Japan for the past two weeks (and incommunicado due to a different cellphone SIM card), she just texted me a few hours ago to say she was back. I replied, asking her to let me know after she’s settled in when’s a good time for a phone chat.

One Bumble match did come through, and she’s someone I’ve seen on apps before and wanted to meet! LANI (46, 5’2”, Korean-American designer) seemed to have a lot in common with me, and we talked for about 45 minutes a few nights ago. She’s smart but she seemed a little disinterested, to be honest. Despite that, we agreed to meet for dinner, though she needed to get back to me about what night. I just texted her some dinner ideas today, so now I wait for her to let me know when.

————

The new lineup of my band played its first show this past Saturday and it went GREAT! Small show, but we made some good connections and DAKOTA even showed up with her husband, who also liked the show. She and I plan on seeing a band tomorrow night; he won’t be in attendance, however.

Platinum Member
    The new lineup of my band played its first show this past Saturday and it went GREAT! Small show, but we made some good connections and DAKOTA even showed up with her husband, who also liked the show. She and I plan on seeing a band tomorrow night; he won’t be in attendance, however.

Is this the second time you have seen him (the only other time being at their wedding reception/party thing?)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Is this the second time you have seen him (the only other time being at their wedding reception/party thing?)
    I believe so.

———————

Another Hinge match came through with her phone number. This time it’s non-Asian NEERA, who has long dark wavy hair, full eyebrows, and looks like an Italian model. She just texted that she’s free tomorrow to talk on the phone.

So to recap:

NEERA (Hinge, 45, 5’8”, designer from Australia)
    - We’re supposed to talk on the phone for the first time tomorrow.

LANI (Bumble, 46, 5’2”, Korean-American designer)
    - We’ve talked on the phone, agreed to meet for dinner, but she hasn’t responded to my text from yesterday recommending some places to eat.

KIMORA (CMB, 46, 5’5”, artist from Japan)
    - We’ve exchanged several VERY lengthy messages on CMB, she was incommunicado in Japan for the past 2.5 weeks, texted me yesterday that she was back, but hasn’t replied yet to my request yesterday for a time to talk on the phone.

Hnmm, NEERA sounds interesting! Not your usual cup of tea, but you never know!

Platinum Member
    Had a nice hike with DAKOTA today. She said she and her husband are looking to buy a house, but with the market as it is here, they may move out of state. They've also been trying to have a baby without success, and at 44, she doesn't think it will happen but it is ok with that.

She thought Japanese KIMORA was cute but found Korean LANI to be unattractive. Nationalistic bias at work, methinks!

-------------

Called NEERA tonight but she was on her way to a party, so I'm supposed to call her tomorrow. VERY Australian accent.

LANI got back to me so we're on for dinner this Monday night.

Nothing from KIMORA.

Platinum Member
    NEERA and I talked for about 45 minutes on the phone yesterday. She seems nice and is a good conversationalist. We're on for dinner this Thursday.

Dinner with LANI tonight.

Nothing from KIMORA.

Platinum Member
    LANI and I had a two-hour dinner that flew by, talking about movies, TV shows, politics, culture and ways to decompress. She looked attractive like her photos, has let her hair go gray, is nice & slim, mentioned smoking weed, was very engaged in the convo and was generally really fun to hang out with. I liked her vibe.

We parted with just a hug (we didn't spend enough time together for me to think a kiss was appropriate), but she seemed to have fun too.

I'm definitely going to ask her out again.

Platinum Member
    Glad it was fun!

I like reading about successful ones!

Give Advice
Ask For Advice