Does kisses "x" on the end of a text mean anything to you? (need female advice)

ANYC

One question does a "x" on the end of the text mean anything?

Im not the kind of guy to do it on the end of a text to anybody because... im not big on the whole showing love for friends and family through "love from" and "x" thing... they know i would do anything for them.

She didn't do it for the couple weeks of texting, then she started dropping them in ever so often... i thought it might be a sign of attraction so i did the same thing, I was kinda worried i might have stepped too far and set some form of standard she felt obliged to keep up with.

But now she does two "x"s at the end of the text... i stayed at one because i wasn't all that sure it might have just been a heavy finger and after a while started doing it aswell... i now occasionally notice 3 at the end of a message!

Could this be a really subtle way of her telling me she is intrested??

or am i looking to far into this and we're becoming closer friends??

if the number keeps increasing would it be a stupid move to ask her out on a romantic level because of a few extra kisses on the end of a text?

I know alot of girls just do that no matter if its their friends, mum or anyone.. but going from none to increasing when i do the same thing

But now she does two "x"s at the end of the text... i stayed at one because i wasn't all that sure it might have just been a heavy finger and after a while started doing it aswell... i now occasionally notice 3 at the end of a message!

Could this be a really subtle way of her telling me she is intrested??

Quite possibly. I agree one X is pretty meaningless, especially from women, but increasing the number is surely deliberate. So:

if the number keeps increasing would it be a stupid move to ask her out on a romantic level because of a few extra kisses on the end of a text?

Don't raise your hopes too far, but sure, why not.

My gf and I are on 23 at the moment, by the way, so there's plenty of scope for things to develop for you.

Her messages are generally massive... i generally have to send something of equal length back in order to cover everything she says and the last one charged me for 3 texts!! and it was shorter

Generally get a text twice a day but sometimes it takes ages for her to text back... like last time she texted me was 12... i texted back 4.15ish because i was at work but haven't got anything back since

Its generally like 1am when she'll text back, generally messages are a bit cheeky and flirty but nothing solid for me to come out and ask her out... really frustrating if anything

Met her out the other day and she was texting me alot like "You better get in!x..." and "try your hardest to get in please!x" surely she wouldn't be that bothered to meet up if we have only been talking for 4 weeks or so as mates.

Im probably meeting up with her the next two weekends! so atleast its got to contact stages but its still going to be with her housemates i think

the last one charged me for 3 texts

Off-topic, but noting you're in the UK - most if not all of the networks have deals where you can pay a monthly flat fee for unlimited texts. I'm on T-Mobile PAYG and pay £10 a month for that. If you're chatting with one person a lot by text the number of messages can be amazingly large (hundreds per month) so it's worth looking into.

It might be cultural. I am Canadian and I never ever put X's or any other kinds of endearments after a text - not even to my husband. However, he is British and when I was living there I noticed that he would often put X's and O's after every text, as did the people I met there (female friend and male friends).

I didn't really think anything of it - it seemed to be just something that went at teh end of the text - almost like a national tic.

The dreaded kisses question I think it's generally routine / habit to stick a kiss on the end of a text (I do, regardless of who it's to), closer friends and interests sometimes more. They're not a tell-all, but if the number is increasing, there's probably a reason. Could just be friendly though

Thanks guys i understand that alot of people do it just by friendship

I just thought it was weird it went from none to starting to increase based on my reaction maybe its just coincidence

Im finding it really hard not saying anything to her, I kinda wish we didn't work together because i could just ask her straight out no problems and if she said no it would hurt but atleast i wouldn't have the constant reminder every week at work. Its really starting to get me down im pretty insecure im a massive overthinker and generally refuse to take initiative i should have just asked her out on the weekend when i met up and had a little too much to drink.

I might get lucky and meet up with her this weekend im sure it will come up with her friends we've gotten kind of close and alot of people have noticed it, maybe if she goes to the toilet or something and they ask me about it i could just be open and honest... atleast then she knows im intrested in that way still

• 2 weeks later...

Archived