Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Men, how do you feel when women are unjustly frightened/scared of you?

Silver Member
    The elevator might be much, but go with your gut. The car situation is smart. There are some slimey guys out there. As a guy, I hate what some men can do. Be safe. I had girlfriends who would ignore safety and it drove me nuts.

I've slowed down at night to let a woman get further ahead of me so as to not scare her. I am always conscious of where I am in relation to women as in 6ft and built.

Good luck.

I'm the same way. Espescaillyin parking lots and garages. I know for me this is b/c I was attaced in one but obviously its not all that uncommon of a place for an attack to take place so i think my fears are not unfounded.

I find that guys who get offended are those who think they are sterotyped as dangerous...say those with tons of visible tatoos, shaved heads etc or in some areas certain ethnicities get sterotyped (and I'm not saying this is right) as trouble makers. In my case the guy that attacked me is not one of those usual sterotypes so I freak out on a population that usually looks at me like "why are you scared of me lady?" lol but hey. I say it's better to be caustious then to be hurt. So let them be offended...they are after all strangers.

The biggest difference is that men are usually stronger than women. That's reason enough for me to be wary of strange men. I do know some self defense moves but a man who is healthy and fit probably won't have a very hard time overpowering a woman.

How would you feel if a man refused to get into an elevator with you because he was afraid you were going to accuse him of sexually assaulting you?
    I would think it funny but not be offended.

Platinum Member
    Personally I don't care if I offend a stranger by avoiding a certain situation if I think it looks suspicious or dangerous. By the way some killers have worked as couples so I would say just because you see a man with a woman don't assume it is safe to go over and stand next to their car even if it seems like innocently asking for directions. I guess that my point is i don't care if it is a man or woman or a man with a child etc. I go with my gut and if it feels uncomfortable or even if its just late at night and no one else is around, I avoid the situation.

link removed

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I would rather risk offending a stranger for two minutes then risking my life or risking a lifetime of pain.

Originally Posted by MizzGee
    I would think it funny but not be offended.
    Why funny?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I personally don't go in elevators not because there are men in them but because I'm terrified of elevators. I just take the stairs.

Overall I just take notice of who and what is around me and then just go from there. If no one is being suspicious or aggressive I just do what I am doing. It is not often that anybody is aggressive or suspicious. Mostly I feel pretty safe but I just keep my eyes open.

Would you be offended if someone make a decision about you because of a sexist generalization? Let's say, will you be offended if someone doesn't give you a job because he believe that women are dumb? That someone would expect you to bring the coffee in an office because you are a woman? Something that I have learned is that sexism is only wrong when it is geared, and doesn't give an advantage, towards women. Sexism towards men is always justified some way and expected.

Originally Posted by DN
    link removed
    yeah but do you want to be that one person? friend of the family was raped and tortured for 19 hours...

link removed

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice