My grandfather died at 2 am this morning

Seraphim

He was 92. It would have been his birthday next week. He died from double pneumonia from the flu. He lived a long and fruitful life.

He was born in the UK and immigrated to Canada when he was four years old. He was 17 when he married my grandmother ( she was 15)and became a soldier. He served in World War II. He was a soldier from 17 until he was 55. They had 4 children together, Five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. They were married for 63 years when my grandmother died 11 years ago.

He was a great artist and had many friends in his retirement home community. His favorite saying was "everyday that you wake up is a blessing". He was very much the patriarch of his family.

He is survived by his four children , his five grandchildren , and 9 great-grandchildren.

We love you Grandpa and hope you are at peace with your loving wife.

RIP Grandpa ....your a soldier and gent and sound like a beautiful man xxxxxx with your lady now xxxx

massive massive hugs vic xxx

Thanks Star.

My Grandfather and I had our differences but I loved him and I was glad I got the chance to tell him that and he got to tell me the same.

I am very sorry for your loss Victoria. What a great old gentleman he was and he must be happy to be reunited with his beloved wife now.

I am very glad you both found peace before his passing. It made his transition easier and will let you move forward in this world with a lighter heart.

May God bless you and keep you.

V66 -- sorry for your loss. Please remember to take some extra time for yourself -- I am sure you were very involved in the end....

And know he is watching over you now -- still the patriarch -- a parents' job is never over! He is just on a different plain!!

I am very sorry for your loss Victoria. What a great old gentleman he was and he must be happy to be reunited with his beloved wife now.

I am very glad you both found peace before his passing. It made his transition easier and will let you move forward in this world with a lighter heart.

May God bless you and keep you.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your grandfather, Victoria. I loved reading what you shared about him, and love his saying "everyday that you wake up is a blessing".

My Grandfather and I had our differences but I loved him and I was glad I got the chance to tell him that and he got to tell me the same.

That's very special, you two connected with love.

Big hugs.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your grandfather, Victoria. I loved reading what you shared about him, and love his saying "everyday that you wake up is a blessing".

That's very special, you two connected with love.

Big hugs.

Thank you. Yes it was unexpected to get validation. It brings me a lot of peace though. I think there was nothing more valuable to the two of us than that. And I am glad he's no longer suffering.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived