Ask For Advice

Thread: Should I unblock my ex off Facebook?

Juicymetaphor1

Should I unblock my ex off Facebook?

I blocked her after the relationship was over and the reason why I did it was because I could not stand at looking at her pictures and I would always be on her profile. By blocking her I let her know that I am still all hung over on her and that I am weak. Also that I am being immature. Also only women do that, guys don't hate. If I didn't want to look at her stuff all I have to do is not go on her profile, I think knowing that you can go on her profile and choosing not too is what truly helps you move on. I am still not over her but at the same time seeing pictures of her doesn't hurt me. I truly do love her, and If I truly do so I have to show that to her by not being immature and being her facebook friend regardless of the fact that she left me for someone else. I just don't want to friend her then unfriend her again because that would seem immature. What do you guys think?

Bill Kaulitz

It's not immature at all to block your ex. Don't think that way. She left you for someone else and by all means block her.

beaton
    Bronze Member
    Who cares what she thinks? Blocking her is to help YOU, because YOU are what matters.

For me, I felt weird blocking my ex so I unblocked him, but he blocked me right back. To me that said that he was moving on and had no interest in seeing my profile. I didn't see it as him being hung up over me at all.
    Blocking forces you to give yourself a break. Don't be so hard on yourself. Stop saying "Women do this, guys do that." PEOPLE do hate, PEOPLE get hurt. If you don't feel ready to unblock her then don't.

Teebz
    Well let me tell you. I blocked my ex on Facebook too because I was snooping around on his page daily and it really messed me up.
    I thought I would block him for a month or so but guess what? He is blocked FOREVER. Mostly because I don't care enough to actually go and un-block him, haha!

charity
    are you sure you are not trying to justify yourself unblocking her because you really wanna see whats she's up to???
    to me blocking someone shows them that you don't care to know anything about them anymore. it usually sends a message to the other person that you are ready to accept the break up and move on. now you may NOT actually feel that way... but thats what it shows. keep her unblocked.

Tom1990
    Platinum Member
    Most people realize you have to block on Facebook as part of the process. If it's creating drama, I don't see anything wrong with sending a quick note, something like "I need to move on with my life, and I can't do that without blocking you; best of luck in your life ahead." In the long run, something like that rarely causes problems, and more often than not, shuts them up for good. Some might say it's a matter of pride to not send that last little note, but I feel that it's up to you if you want to let it affect you that way.

ltadsfs7
    I don't see it that way at all...In my opinion, not only is it helping you, but it also doesn't allow her to see what is going on in YOUR life...She doesn't deserve that anymore...On the other hand, if you aren't comfortable blocking her, then simply unsubscribe from her...It will hide any of her posts, so that you don't have any surprises when you look at your news feed...That's what I did with my ex's.

Top Threads
I would kill just to talk to her again:(
I know, it's pathetic. But it's been 6-7 weeks, post breakup, and I text her only once during that time, which was a short and uplifting text, but to
How do I get pass this? Still trying to recover.
I'm 26 female, Mother of two Children 5 and 10 weeks old. I have been battling this problem for almost a year now. I am really looking for some sound
Trying to quit stalking.
I'm trying really hard to keep this NC thing, but is not being easy. I know by fact he does no good to me, that our relationship was toxic and I
One year after my wife left, am I ready to move on?
My three year marriage came to an end about a year ago. During the three years, we were very happy, mainly because I was extremely giving. She came
Too much confusion...
About month ago I felt perfect , everything was going just fine, I mostly stopped thinking about my ex,and then bam - she contacted me. She contacted
There is an end to it! Hang in there
Hey all, There is an end to the hurt. For those of you who haven't read my story please fell free to. For those of you who helped me THANK
It is very tiring to ....
It is actually very tiring and feels exhausted to keep on begging someone for their love.

Featured Threads
I would kill just to talk to her again:(
I know, it's pathetic. But it's been 6-7 weeks, post breakup, and I text her only once during that time, which was a short and uplifting text, but to
One year after my wife left, am I ready to move on?
My three year marriage came to an end about a year ago. During the three years, we were very happy, mainly because I was extremely giving. She came
Girlfriend Problems
My friend and I have had a "thing" for about a year now and we're technically dating. We both love each other and we've grown very comfortable around
Too much confusion...
About month ago I felt perfect , everything was going just fine, I mostly stopped thinking about my ex,and then bam - she contacted me. She contacted
Did I do the right thing? Dating a guy with kids whos living with his baby mama
Okay so basically I struck up a friendship with someone online who told me he had three kids and he was still living with his baby mama. The big red
How to make things up with my family?
Hi all, About a couple of weeks ago, I had an argument with my parents that escalated into something way bigger than it should have been, and
She isn't happy with me anymore.
Hi, I just found out about this site and I decided to ask you guys for help. I've been dating a girl for 4 months. She has anxiety and sometimes gets
Ask For Advice