"Insanity" the workout - testimonial please!!!

humanity

I thought the real insanity workout was supposed to be a workout everyday (or 6 days a week) for 90 days??

6 days a week for that kind of workout can't be good. Muscle groups need to rest. Maybe a nice long walk 2 days a week to compliment the workout would be good. Good luck whatever your goals are. =)

well, at my gym, the bootcamp is only 3 consecutive days in a row x 8 weeks. During 2 of the "off" days, my coach recommends walking.

And then 1 full day off/week.

I am a female who rarely works out. And I've gained weight this year. Do you think I can loose 2 dress sizes in 8 weeks doing this WO (if I also eat right).

well, at my gym, the bootcamp is only 3 consecutive days in a row x 8 weeks. During 2 of the "off" days, my coach recommends walking.

And then 1 full day off/week.

I am a female who rarely works out. And I've gained weight this year. Do you think I can loose 2 dress sizes in 8 weeks doing this WO (if I also eat right).

if you dont keep up some kind of routine after...you will just gain everything back....

Not everyone can do Insanity because it places a LOT of stress on your knees and Back. Do you know how to squat or do push-ups properly without injury? This is definitely not a beginner's workout.

In the beginning, I pulled a lot of muscle doing it and I had worked out with a personal trainer a year before doing it. I was extremely sore doing it for the first week. It is vital to warm up BEFORE you do it (don't rely on the "warm-up" part of the video... seriously, stretch before doing it).

Yes, definitely not recommended if you have any back or knee problems. A lot of jumping and intense plyometric training. Although if you don't have any health issues it's a high intensity cardio. You'll sweat like crazy and within few weeks you should notice a big difference in your stamina, speed, flexibility and ability to have more explosive power in your movement. A great program IMO. I dropped about 7% body fat during the 60-days I did Insanity.

Archived