I'm ignoring him - or so he says

Misaki27

I'm posting sort of an update to my crush story. Read my other posts for more details: he basically said he just sees me as a friend.

After that talk, I started to get some space, away from him. I didn't hang out with his group that often, mostly because I didn't want to get more involved. I still greeted them and acted cordially.

Yesterday, however, I saw my crush at the subway with his best friend. I greeted them both, but they walked away from me. Later in the day, my crush started a convo, asking me why I've been ignoring him. I said I never really was "in his group" and that I was not avoiding him, but merely the possibility of interpretation. I asked some of my friends and they said that from the way he spoke to me, he probably wanted me to confess I liked him. However, he told me again that I'm "ok as a friend", to which I replied: "that's fine, but even as a friend, you don't know me at all".

I'm still in astonishment. He wants me to be "just friends" with him? I never really was his friend in the first place. We barely talked for a few minutes a couple times a week. After the convo, we had two more classes together, during which he turned around to look at me, but I pretended to be interested in class.

Did he really wanted me to confess? To prove he was right all along? If not, what?

What will it take for you to let this go? Even when people aren't really FRIENDS in the first place, they frequently use "I just like you as a friend" as a line to indicate they aren't interested in anything romantic. And if you obsess over this IRL even a quarter as much as you obsess over it here, your behavior with him is probably strange - even if you don't realize it. Perhaps that is why he is questioning you. I would stop reading into every tiny thing he says and does... he's told you multiple times now that he does not like you as more than a friend. Just be as polite and normal as possible and move on.

did you tell him that you want to 'get some space' to not get more involved? maybe if you haven't done so already, talk to him and tell him that you understand the fact that he is not into you and will accept your friendship but you can not give him your friendhsip right now because you still have feelings tht you need to deal with and in order to do that you need to stay away from him. You are not 'ignoring' him, just being an acquaintance.

he is being polite with the 'lets be friends' crap, but he needs to understand that you can't be like that right now

Archived