Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to reconcile with your ex?

chris1005

How long did it take you to reconcile with your ex?

Have you ever broken up with your ex girlfriend or boyfriend?

What did you do to reconcile with your ex and how long did it take you to get him or her back?

What did you do and didn't do to get him or her back?

For all making mistakes tell us your story so no one has to go thru a painfull break-up and if they have a chance in the future what mistake are no no's for you to get your ex back.

puppylove2357
    I don't know anything about getting an ex back, but my biggest mistake getting into my last relationship was not getting help for my low self-esteem and depression first. It did me no good and it dragged a very good guy into a very bad situation.

Tom1990
    Platinum Member
    First girlfriend, it took a year and two months for the first reconcilliation. Three years for our second. Both happened after letting go completely.

Most recent girlfriend, it was just a few months. We were in constant contact (worked together, had mutual friends), but it was lighter contact than before. We got back together after watching a horror movie and she wanted me to stay the night.

Always, always, always let go and move on. That's pretty much the only way they can come back, when they know it's safe. And it's only safe when you've moved on. They just kinda know. It's weird. And even then, they don't usually come back anyway. But if you've moved on properly, you just don't care.

ks1986
    Bronze Member
    Reconciliations that actually last need enough time. Seems like the average is about a year...the minimum is about 6 months and of course there are a lot that happen much longer than a year or never at all. Reconciliations that happen a few weeks or a few months post BU end up just failing again. Also, try not to think about things like "How much longer is this going to take?" because despite reconciliation stories MOST breakups are final.

Ang33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1990 [Register to see the link]
    Always, always, always let go and move on. That's pretty much the only way they can come back, when they know it's safe. And it's only safe when you've moved on. They just kinda know. It's weird. And even then, they don't usually come back anyway. But if you've moved on properly, you just don't care.
    That seems like the common theme amongst getting them back. Plus what you just said is the first scene in the movie Swingers haha

anonymous1984
    After a relationship of 5 years, it took 8 months to reconcile.

However last week, she broke up with me again after living together for 9 months.

eastonweston
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1984 [Register to see the link]

However last week, she broke up with me again after living together for 9 months.
    Were you in contact for those 8 months? What was required by you to 'win' her back?

Tom1990
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang33 [Register to see the link]
    That seems like the common theme amongst getting them back. Plus what you just said is the first scene in the movie Swingers haha
    My current theory is, when you make a connection with someone, there's some biological synchronization that happens. With some people, that synchronization happens right away. With others, it can take months or years. At any rate, it stays with you pretty much forever. That's where this "They just know when you've moved on" idea comes from. I am, of course, totally speaking out of my butt, but it's a fun theory.

anonymous1984
    Quote Originally Posted by eastonweston [Register to see the link]
    Were you in contact for those 8 months? What was required by you to 'win' her back?
    We were no contact for about 3 weeks, afterwards she kept contacting me.

This time however seems more serious... Allthough I hope she will come back in a couple of months....

Streetbob
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1984 [Register to see the link]

No matter how I feel/felt about the ex....This is the reason why I would probably not reconcile.

I know that Breakups can happen with anybody at anytime but you would always have it in the back of your mind that they did it once.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
When your fiancee loves you, but loves someone else more...
Hello everyone These last 3 months (last 5 weeks especially) have most definitely been the worst of my entire life without a shadow of a
Stalking on Facebook and confusing msgs
Hi I would like to know if I've got a chance of regaining my relationship with my current ex, I miss her dearly. I spoke to her 5 weeks after we
Ex Texted me after 1 month NC
So a month ago I sent a farewell text to my ex saying that I loved her and that I wanted to be with her and that I could no longer be friends. I also
Should I try to get him back or move on?
I've been a lurker on eNotAlone for over a year now off and on. I first found the website when I came out of a 2 1/2 year relationship with a man
I guess people can't change..
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years. In November, we broke up and I moved out of the home we built together because we were
Help me change his mind?
Hi, I am going to sound crazy, without self-respect and maybe a bit of a masochist but I really like him. I am hoping to make a guy----- who used
Getting back with the ex - Help with signals
Ex is in contact with me now after 1.5 months. When she contacted me I asked her to meet up. Since I have agoraphobia I kindof loosly set a date

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice