When a woman says she had a dream about you

Generation

I've been googling this topic and I've been reading mixed thoughts, from men and from women, so I thought hey why not just make my own thread and hear some more thoughts.

What does it mean when a woman says she had a dream about you? Dream content unknown. Would she tell you she dreamed of you if she weren't interested or attracted to you? or would you tell that to guys you weren't interested in or attracted to? Does it mean anything?

Personally, I use the phrase "I had a dream about you" as a very subtle way of flirting. I've said it to a few guys without having dreamt about them, just to initiate conversation. It always works But that's not necessarily the case for every woman.

If I ever seriously have a dream about a guy who I have no interest in, I don't say anything to him about it.

Any time a woman* says she thinks of you outside of the time when you are standing there then it's a good sign. Thinking of you subconscious and in bed is a plus too. Perhaps you should tell her you had a dream about her....

rider clause: your mom, grandma and ex's don't count, neither does anyone you owe money to.

Lol at all the answers so far.

When a girl says that to me, I usually say "hope it was a good dream!" and they usually laugh and I kid around with them about it for a while. It is not saying, "i want your body," but it is saying there is some kind of connection there, and I dont think you should be afraid to explore it.

• 2 years later...

Generation, this is just another example for me how hard it is to interpret mixed signals.

I would tell a guy that I saw him in my dream only if he is absolutely no candidate for flirting, hooking up, and there is no attraction whatsoever. I would say it to a guy whom I did see in my dream - I do see many people in my dream with whom I interact for work and not attracted at all. I would say it as means to cheer him up, to distract him from his gloom if I see the guy being gloomy, just to bring some smile to his face. It is purely a friendly gesture and I would do it ONLY with guys with whom I am 100% certain - there is no hope, no flirting, no possible misinterpretation.

If I like a guy, I would never tell him that I saw him in my dream. In my opinion, it makes a guy very uncomfortable when said in this connotation.

Archived