Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: i am scared of my girlfriend... what to do?

One of many studies:
    link removed

Originally Posted by DN
    One of many studies:
    link removed

is there a chance she is behaving like this, because she is a very insecure person?

i am thinking it might be best just to leave her to it, and if she decides to end it with me, then that is her choice

Gold Member
    You're in danger. Get out. And don't look back.

Originally Posted by bw92116
    You're in danger. Get out. And don't look back.

this is killing me, i can't cope.... maybe i should have been a little more considerate of her, but why do all this, over something so stupid as that

Gold Member
    It's killing you. You just said it yourself. So get out.
    What possible reason do you have to stay in this?
    People do die of bad relationships.
    Do you want to be one of them?

It's killing you. You just said it yourself. So get out.
    What possible reason do you have to stay in this?
    People do die of bad relationships.
    Do you want to be one of them?
    i know what you mean, i have been in this very same situation with her 3 times already.... and every time i thought it would not happen again... i had no intention of hurting her, or upsetting her... i just asked if it was ok to go to my friends for a few hours, maybe i should have waited to see him, on a day, when she was not stopping with me.

but i can't believe she is putting me through all this pain over such a stupid thing!!! she is probably hurting herself, why do this... this is insane!!!!

i am going outdoors for a walk, cant cope!!!!

Gold Member
    She's not putting you through all this pain.
    You're putting yourself through all this pain.
    You've been in this long enough to see what it's like.
    You know that it gives you nothing but pain.
    Yet, you are choosing to stay in it, even though it brings you nothing but pain.
    You can also choose to not put yourself through it.
    All you have to do is walk away and leave this relationship behind, forever.
    It's that simple. It's not easy to do, but it is simple.
    What is stopping you from leaving it?

The reason why she is doing all this over something so stupid is easy. It's called control. It's all about controlling you. What's wrong with you going to see your friend? Nothing. Except she doesn't want you to. And it is insane that she would threaten to hurt herself over something that stupid. If she actually does hurt herself that's on her. She did it, she is the only one responsible. You didn't put a gun to her head and make her. She's not going to do it anyway. It's a bluff abusers will use to control people. You have to stop letting your emotions rule you and look at it logically. Then you can see how insane it all really is and that it's all on her. You aren't responsible for anything more than choosing to stay in the relationship and subject yourself to the abuse or saying enough, I choose myself over you and your manipulations and choose to get out.

She's not putting you through all this pain.
    You're putting yourself through all this pain.
    You've been in this long enough to see what it's like.
    You know that it gives you nothing but pain.
    Yet, you are choosing to stay in it, even though it brings you nothing but pain.
    You can also choose to not put yourself through it.
    All you have to do is walk away and leave this relationship behind, forever.
    It's that simple. It's not easy to do, but it is simple.
    What is stopping you from leaving it?

i love her, she was my best friend, there was so much good about her too, we was there for each other, but finding it so hard letting go... but i can't cope with being chucked away again and again, when anything upsets her... i go through so much pain and agony on my own, locked up in my flat... i know i need to find the strength to get away.

i need to find the strenght!!!!

Gold Member
    Well, then stop loving her. She doesn't love you, so your love is wasted on her.
    She was your best friend, but she's not any more. She is not treating you like a friend at all.
    Maybe at one time, this relationship was good for you. But it has turned toxic. And it will only harm you.
    The longer you stay in it, the worse you will feel. The sooner you get out, the sooner you will feel happy again.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice