Im just looking for some opinions or advice.

Ok so, my ex and I dated for a while,about 9 months and when she graduated highschool she left for college and we're only about 4 hours and when she first left we tried the long distance thing but that didn't work out like we thought it would and I was fine with it. She wanted to be free in college I don't blame her. We've been broken up for almost a year now and of course at first I would text her begging for her to come back and of course that didn't work. Well we kind of faded and we didn't talk at all for about 7 months and out of the blue last month she text me.

She had drove by my house coming home from a friends house, she asked how I was and how everything else was going, we talked for a bit and I told her it would mean a lot if I could see her, she agreed and we met up and talked for a few hours, It was really nice to see her. We ended up hanging out for 4 days in a row and we continued to hangout until she left for school again last week. The only thing different when we would hang out was no touchy feely, we laughed and joked about old times and listened to our old songs.

One night I told her that I still loved her as much as I did when she first left and she explained she didn't know what she wanted which is understandable with her already back in school. At first she would say I'm not coming back at all, then it was I'm not sure if I'm coming back, then I don't know what I want. I asked her if she ever thought about me and she didn't seem to want to admit it and she changed the subject but the more we hung out she would tell this song made her think of me or this movie or event made her think of me.

She came to say goodbye before she left again and she said she would come see me when she comes home and that she would talk to me regularly and we have so far which is nice because I could talk to that girl for hours and never run out of stuff to talk about. I guess what I'm asking is do you think this is good? Can anyone see this going for another shot down the road? She's the sweetest girl I've ever known and I really hope we get back together some day, I think I've handled the process pretty good I backed off and let her do her while I do me.

It sounds like she's having mixed feelings. Be careful she doesn't get too comfortable with you being her friend if you want to be something more. It's a toughie, but I think it would be best to play a little hard-to-get, and not be too readily available. Keep yourself busy, and try to let her initiate contact, at least to see if she does so consistently. She's at a point in her life, unfortunately, when we're caught between being incredibly busy and wanting to go crazy and party. I'm not saying she's that type of person, but she is at a very exploratory stage, and may honestly be too busy or exhausted most of the time to be in contact with you frequently (Or, rather, as frequently as you would like them to be.)

Those young ladies; the point right before they become a fully mature adult, they can be quite the dervishes. Too bad they're so damn attractive when they're like that.

Thank you for the reply, I agree with you, I defintly don't want to be friendzoned with her. I'm just going with the flow right now, if she doesn't text me for a while I don't freak out and text her she eventual text me back. We'll see how it goes thanks again for the comments.

Archived