Read a text but didn't respond. Is he no longer interested?

SilentCrisis

I met a guy a couple weeks ago. We've gone on 2 dates so far, both of which I think have been pretty successful and fun and he said he had a good time. However I had to leave the city for 2 weeks on a trip, so after the second date we scheduled a third for when I return.

I haven't been completely sure how to go out talking to someone I just started dating when I'm on the other side of the continent and it's only a few dates in, so about a week into the trip I sent him a text asking how he week had been. 30 minutes after it was sent he read the message, however it's been about 2 days and no response.

Not wanting to seem crazy I left it at that and didn't send another. Its been about 2 days and there hasn't been any contact made on his part and I'm starting to wonder. Did he suddenly lose interest and doesn't want to continue seeing me or did he just legitimately forget to message me back? A friend believes he may just be putting everything on hold while I'm away since it is early. If there isn't any interest I'd rather not continue persuing it blindly.

I'm pretty new to dating so any advice on what to do is appreciated. Thanks!

Just don't stress about it. Have a good holiday and try to forget him. When you get back to normal life, see what happens and take it from there. Just stop thinking about it, because it is going to drive you nuts (perhaps you are already there).

It's been two dates and anything could have happened.

Thanks for the replies guys, and you've mostly all said what I've been thinking. I'll let it go for now and give another try later this week and when I get back. 3 strikes is exactly what I thought too.

And just to confirm something, I meant 'new to dating' post break up a few months ago. Still a weird phase!

Archived