Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

I want to take advantage of the new trend!

Roxie84

Hi all! So I will start by saying I manage a sex shop and all I hear about these days is Fifty Shades of Grey. My sales have been booming over the past few months, and as such, the bondage and fetish toys are all on back order. I have read the books, and while I did enjoy it, it was a little.... meh. I have read online that the book was originally supposed to be Twilight fan-fiction, so I can understand why many view the characters as much too Bella and Edward-esque.

However, I see a new trend, and like many others, I want to get on board! I have been writing erotic short stories for a number of years. When I post them online, people give me absolutely wonderful reviews. However when I have submitted them to companies which publish stories online for sale, I have been constantly rejected. The reason for this is that the female in my story is dominated - publishers want books which portray the female as a heroine. Today, reading Fifty Shades of Grey is the new pink, and I think my stories may have a shot!

So my question to you guys - would you read a book, like Fifty Shades, which portrays a woman who is very open about her sexuality and her desires? Ana is very innocent, and Christian takes that innocence from her. My character enjoys sex and has many issues and experiences prior to meeting the dominant male character. The sex between the characters will involve BDSM, but on a very different and psychological level than that of Christian and Ana.

Now that people are so into Fifty Shades, is this a prime opportunity for me to collaborate my short stories and write an excellent erotic novel? Or will I just come accross as another person looking to jump on the bandwagon?

Archived