Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you read one book at a time, or several simultaneously?

Depends on the type of book. Fiction novels I read one at a time, especially dense ones with a lot to keep track of such as Neal Stephenson. I think it ruins the pace of the story to swap to another book. I also think if I got into the habit of reading several at once I would never finish some of them. Non-fiction books where each chapter tends to be an isolated subject I can change between.

Only ever one at a time. I don't really see the point of reading more than one. I always feels like it might make things get muddled or something, I dunno. It's not too much of a lose for me time-wise, though, because I tend to power through books. It's something of a combination between being a fast reader, and being able to sit dow and read for long stretches at a time.

Platinum Member
    I read multiple books, magazines, newspapers--if it's got words on it I'll pick it up and read it. I love to graze, I love reading period. If it's something really intense I will sometimes read that exclusively, but other times nope. And I admit it here and now, I went through a phase of reading the ending of the book first. I don't know why, it just was something I liked to do for a bit. Drove my ex at the time crazy, maybe that's why I did it.

Now I won't look at the end at all, because I want to savor the reveal at the end.

^^^^^ Yep, pretty much the same here. I usually have at least two or three going at once. I keep them in different locations throughout my house and always one in my car too, for solitary meals on the go.

Usually two at a time, I rotate them during the day and night.

I tend to read more than one book at a time. Usually upwards of 3. I

I only read one at a time, I don't think I could keep storylines straight if I didn't. I sometimes have a hard time getting invested in a new book's characters after finishing a really good book.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice