Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you read one book at a time, or several simultaneously?

I read one book at a time for pleasure reading because I often have a lot of textbook/article/research reading for school so I only have so much attention to spare. Even when a pleasure reading book isn't that great I find myself determined to finish it so that I can say I completed it.

I usually read an entire book in one night I'm a fast reader and if I get engrossed I just don't want to stop.

Lots at a time. I am reading a fiction paperback, a fiction ebook and a non-fiction paperback at the moment. If you can keep track of several tv programmes at once, why not several different books?

Originally Posted by Elektra22
    I usually read an entire book in one night I'm a fast reader and if I get engrossed I just don't want to stop.
    My best friend is like that. God forbid you interrupt her while she's reading! Jeesh!

Originally Posted by shadowplay
    I always used to read a book more or less from cover to cover, and then start another one. At the moment I'm reading four or five at the same time, which is something I started doing a year ago or so. I quite like it because it sometimes feel refreshing to swap between perspectives and stories. On the other hand, I wonder if I end up taking less with me because my reading becomes more scattered.

What do others tend to do? One book at the time, or multiple books in tandem?
    Cover to cover. Reading more books ... well is good but you lose your focus ... and this might affect you in real life ( being impatience, waiting for the next meeting when the present one just started, etc )

If I'm really enjoying a book, then no. If I think it's mediocre, then yes.

I used to read each book one at a time. I've been juggling several lately. Either ones I've already one or ones I have yet to finish reading.

One at a time.

Platinum Member
    Usually one at a time, but i dont read novels, i read books on technical stuff. Even though these technical books are all linked and say the same thing, i find it hard to go book to book. I want to read more than one book at once - i guess it all comes down to how good your memory is. I remember i could only read one book, and if i skimmed a chapter, i would get upset and have to read the whole book all over again. But, i would still have to read books for school, and we all read online - just like you are doing now... so we are sort of still reading other outside material.

I am going to try reading more than one book and see where it goes.

At least 2. With self improvement books on corporate advice, psych, spirituality i need to read less then I reflect on it. To keep my brain light I switch to a fiction book. This I can read for about 2 chapters. Then I go back to the other book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice