Do men joke about marriage?

How likely is "Will you marry me" just a joke?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How likely is "Will you marry me" just a joke?

• It is probably just a joke, if it was delivered as a joke.
    • He was probably testing the waters since he is thinking about it but not ready to ask seriously.
    • It really depends a lot on the man and the situation

Do men joke about marriage? If a man jokes about marriage, in the form of "We should get married" or "Will you marry me?" (especially a few times) how likely is it that he might actually be considering it? How likely is it that he is trying to determine your reaction? How likely is it that it is 100% a joke to him?

Anyone have any experience?

"coward" because he does not have the balls to ask you outright.

or his sense of humor is very poor

or maybe he is not good at small talk and this is the best he can come up with.

Actually we were in the middle of something work related and pushing for a deadline. He was complaining that I wasn't helping enough or something, so I asked him to repeat what he had just asked me. So then he said in a very low voice (so low I almost thought I imagined it): "Will you marry me?"...

So we weren't trying to make small talk...

Update:

I told him: I don't understand your jokes. Especially when typing, but even when talking.

Him: I am not sure if I am joking.

(Except he was joking about something else when typing to me).

Sounds like you have reason to think he's at least thinking about it...I don't think men would lead someone on like that. If it wasn't clear to BOTH or even EITHER of you...well, I think you need to do more talking.

"show me you mean it."

"Shut up or put up."

That should settle it for all times sake...

Actions speak louder than words...even though his words seem pretty blaringly loud to me...

Blaringly loud as in? As in he means it?

PS I should know in about a week... But I'm too curious to wait

I was so nervous and scared when i proposed to the woman i love. I eould never joke about that... Seems strange of a man to joke about it , it should scare the hell out of him. Easiest solution is just ask him straight up... Are we ever going to get married. Thats why i bought a huge diamond lol

Archived