Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

New Journal

We all had a great time. It was cute, she slept the whole way there because she got up so early excited for the trip. And she slept the way back because she was tuckered out. This morning, I asked her if she wanted to go for one last swim with me and she said she was ready to be lazy lol. It's was perfect as I love the water, she is a fish too, but her mom not so much. So our friend got some precious me time, and I had a fun little buddy who didn't want to stop swimming either.

We bbqed, had a camp fire, went paddle boating, built sand castles.. and when she was sleeping, had adult time chatting and laughing.

We all had a great time. It was cute, she slept the whole way there because she got up so early excited for the trip. And she slept the way back because she was tuckered out. This morning, I asked her if she wanted to go for one last swim with me and she said she was ready to be lazy lol. It's was perfect as I love the water, she is a fish too, but her mom not so much. So our friend got some precious me time, and I had a fun little buddy who didn't want to stop swimming either.

We bbqed, had a camp fire, went paddle boating, built sand castles.. and when she was sleeping, had adult time chatting and laughing.

That sounds so so perfect.

Here is a pic from Lake Huron. Hubby and I got a day to ourselves.

0779DA3E-65DC-467A-86DE-29D53EBBAD19_zpsejqfbyne.jpeg

I'll admit sometimes I laugh at the mlm posts I come across on the rare occasions I'm scrolling through Facebook or when I'm looking to buy something from an online buy and sell.

I came across one today though that hit me right in the heart, and is making me reevaluate jesting about it even though my intent isn't mean or anything. And to be clear, I've never joked about it to someone involved in one.

I came across a typical post of a lady trying to dump 'overstock' and clicked on her profile. Suddenly I'm crying and feeling like such an ahole. This lady had pics of her disabled son and herself up with a caption about missing him. It made me so sad ! It clicked that this lady was dealing with the loss of her son, and this company swooped in and took advantage of her in her most vulnerable time. She had pages and pages of 'overstock' for sale. She's probably lost money she so can not afford to lose right now. And just the vileness, the vileness of someone preying on her, it shook me up.

I'll admit sometimes I laugh at the mlm posts I come across on the rare occasions I'm scrolling through Facebook or when I'm looking to buy something from an online buy and sell.

I came across one today though that hit me right in the heart, and is making me reevaluate jesting about it even though my intent isn't mean or anything. And to be clear, I've never joked about it to someone involved in one.

I came across a typical post of a lady trying to dump 'overstock' and clicked on her profile. Suddenly I'm crying and feeling like such an ahole. This lady had pics of her disabled son and herself up with a caption about missing him. It made me so sad ! It clicked that this lady was dealing with the loss of her son, and this company swooped in and took advantage of her in her most vulnerable time. She had pages and pages of 'overstock' for sale. She's probably lost money she so can not afford to lose right now. And just the vileness, the vileness of someone preying on her, it shook me up.

Yes -those stories break my heart too - I feel naive asking this but how can you tell when it's "overstock" -is it listed that way as in "I left the MLM and have all this inventory?" I've also heard of people fabricating children or needing infant supplies etc but this sounds like a genuine plea and I'm so sorry.

It really concerns me when people I know to be intelligent and talented fall for these MLMs and I watch their sales tactics get more and more lowbrow and desperate. It also hurts any friendship because I will only discuss her business to a point because I never ever want it to seem like I want to buy from her or be a consultant.

You have a big heart and I've read articles about how MLMs are designed to hook in these most vulnerable people.

This lady wrote she was overstocked, and a rep, and had a spiel about how these are such a great deal it won't last so act quick!

Sometimes they don't outright say overstocked, sometimes they do.

That's terrible about fabricating children and needing infant supplies! I haven't come across that yet, as far as I know, but good to know!

You know how I originally came from a small town. Well over 60-70% of my school mates married very young, and most of the women became strictly stay at home moms.

Almost all of them have posted mlm products at some point. It's everywhere in the smaller communities! I was purging old stuff I had lying around, and it was amazing how much I had gotten as presents over the years from relatives and the like that was actually bought from one of these schemes.

This lady wrote she was overstocked, and a rep, and had a spiel about how these are such a great deal it won't last so act quick!

Sometimes they don't outright say overstocked, sometimes they do.

That's terrible about fabricating children and needing infant supplies! I haven't come across that yet, as far as I know, but good to know!

You know how I originally came from a small town. Well over 60-70% of my school mates married very young, and most of the women became strictly stay at home moms.

Almost all of them have posted mlm products at some point. It's everywhere in the smaller communities! I was purging old stuff I had lying around, and it was amazing how much I had gotten as presents over the years from relatives and the like that was actually bought from one of these schemes.

Wow! I live in a major city and it's big here too among the moms -although my moms groups include people from smaller towns outside of my city so hmmmm good point. Yes we have posts once in awhile of someone claiming to need donations of supplies and money for a baby in need and it's not always legit. And those types of posts aren't allowed - it's ok to ask for community resources for those in need but not for handouts from strangers. That skincare line is huge where I am as well as that workout plan that has beach in the name. I even got an email from an old friend -turned out she was trying to hook me into the beach line and then i wondered -is it because my FB profile photo is from my wedding- when I was in my third trimester LOL?

Lol !

They often stretch pretty hard to find some shred of commonality to pitch. The wax melts and oils seem to be the big thing here now. One casual acquaintance, nice woman so it took me off guard, used my pet as a reason to pitch me needing nice smelling wax melts.

See that's where I kinda laugh, but then I'm reminded, some people's lives are rather seriously impacted.

I'm currently a little obsessed with an app that lets you buy food that has to be moved out of the grocery store to make room for new stock. Usually it ends up in the landfill, instead you can buy it at heavily discounted prices. Yes, most of it is close to expiry date. But I've gotten nothing but beautiful food. I especially love the veggie and the fruit boxes. 20+ pieces of all kinds for $5. I'm running wild cooking and baking. I even made fresh squeezed juices, which I usually don't because it seems kinda wasteful to me, but with it being so inexpensive and destined to be food waste anyways, I don't feel guilty. Ha.

Hey dias :)

Always love food escapades, I'm slightly bonkers about food.

It's pretty limited right now, so in my area I can only use it at one store.. but it's a major one with huge selection and lots of stores in my city.

I'll pm you the name...don't want it to seem I'm advertising.

• Like 1
I'm currently a little obsessed with an app that lets you buy food that has to be moved out of the grocery store to make room for new stock. Usually it ends up in the landfill, instead you can buy it at heavily discounted prices. Yes, most of it is close to expiry date. But I've gotten nothing but beautiful food. I especially love the veggie and the fruit boxes. 20+ pieces of all kinds for $5. I'm running wild cooking and baking. I even made fresh squeezed juices, which I usually don't because it seems kinda wasteful to me, but with it being so inexpensive and destined to be food waste anyways, I don't feel guilty. Ha.

Holy !! They do that there???

So a few years ago I had gone up in a little discovery flight and loved it. Soon I'll be taking my first real lesson towards flight time. I'm excited! Not sure how far I'll want to pursue it but for now it's just fun. I love those little planes!

Wow!!! Good luck!

Wow!!! Good luck!

Thanks!

I think my mom's passing was a bit of a wake up call for me. I was procrasting and holding back on so many things I've wanted to do. And now it's like " what was I waiting for?". You never know how much time you may get, and I feel like I've wasted too much.

So I've been doing all those things. I wake up grateful every day for where I am now, and try to soak it all up!

Thanks!

I think my mom's passing was a bit of a wake up call for me. I was procrasting and holding back on so many things I've wanted to do. And now it's like " what was I waiting for?". You never know how much time you may get, and I feel like I've wasted too much.

So I've been doing all those things. I wake up grateful every day for where I am now, and try to soak it all up!

So this is just interesting. My childhood friend (never a close friend,she was too "popular" lol) - lost her mom way too young and I believe it had to do with mistakes made at the hospital. (we are Facebook friends). I wish I could reproduce here what she posted ,it's so beautiful how she expressed what you are doing too but in an abundance of caution I won't. But she took on a second job to make enough $ to travel to her hometown thousands of miles away and do the kinds of things you are describing for just those reasons and feels her mother is laughing in joy as she does them. Ugh I certainly botched up the expression of that but you get it I know!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm terrified of heights, but elated up in a little plane?!

I don't understand my own brain sometimes!

It's standing somewhere and seeing a drop beneath me that freaks me right out. Big bridges, mountain sides, even being at the top of a tall building?!

I'm ok with planes but walking an outdoor flight of stairs up or down with spaces in between makes me anxious!

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the process of moving to a bigger place. First of the month.

You don't realize all you've accumulated until you move !! It's nuts.

Excited but stressed a bit with the time crunch now.

I'll have my own study/work room! We will have a proper guest room!

Of course, this when old friends and family are popping up " hey wanna get together?". Yeah I do, but not this week guys lol.

This will be a caffeinated week of work, getting ready to move, and take out lol.