Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Journal

^Must be one of the reasons I love ya. A woman after my own heart.

Today was a really great day, btw. Ever go to work, and feel like you aren't even working, you are relaxing and doing exactly what you want to do?!
    That was today.
    Got a lot accomplished, and everything felt so in tune.

At home, the fence is over half way buried in snow. Someone had graffitied "LOVE" onto my fence at some point, and it looked nestled in the snow today. It's cool outside, not cold. And super snowy. Really beautiful. The crunch crunch is perfect.

And I dropped my phone in the snow today and it needs to be replaced. Made me smile. I've been wanting to replace it for a long time anyways but my "waste not"" side had decided I wouldn't until this one died. And this one NEVER dies. It's losing its campy and bordering on archaic now. lol.

The reason I don't play video games, even though they can be fun: this lasting stimulation and it even crossing over to dreams. And it doesn't have to be a lot of play at all.

I'm coming to accept that I probably always will be extra sensitive to stimuli that other people may have a higher tolerance for. Video games are one example. TV is another.

Music too - a co worker of mine frequently complains about the lack of music playing at our work at any time. I'm super grateful for it. Don't get me wrong. I love music and can enjoy it - even if it's loud and strong - in certain situations and at certain times.

But quiet is so under rated. And these folks who need a constant sound track through life...

always end up in my life....and yet we aren't compatible that way and never will be.

I feel like if you want a place of quiet in this world, you really got to fight for it and you have to preserve it with a lot of diligence. Noise, music, flashing lights, people....this is the force taking over and for a many, they wonder "well what's the problem with that?".

Today was another great day!

Only thing is I am tired, but that is to be expected. Tomorrow I can sleep in! Woo!

That's about it for now. Lots happened today but I don't have too many thoughts about it right now.

Simple! That's how you do it. Looking forward to his new album.

[video=youtube;49qhh0o2QHw] ]

*I've come far since I started this journal at the beginning of last summer. Feels like a long time ago.

*The world didn't end. Not the way people thought anyways. But I've become increasingly aware of where my path is headed now. It's pretty natural, don't know why I didn't see it all along.

*My feelings for the ex have changed a lot. I'm now enjoying a real relationship, though I'm still not sure how long term this is going to be. It's ok. It's all honest. It's all real. And I'm not running or hiding. I'm enjoying every bit of it. Since I saw the ex last summer, I let a lot go. Though it's clear, he really hasn't. My thoughts on this tonight (and then leaving to go enjoy an evening):

sort of along the lines of the song...

Do I have to explain it again?!

*I'm feeling fragile today. Damn work. Thought I was to get a real weekend for once, and soo need it. Now I have to be up for three in the morning. And my schedule for the week is wacked out too.

*I'm avoiding a few things. Today has been one long pisser of procrastination. Got way more down on having to get up tomorrow than I would have ever expected. I think I'm just sick of feeling constantly backlogged - and I do. Something has to give.

I've been thinking/talking with my aunt more lately. And last night I had a dream in french. lol. She really brings back memories for me, she reminds me a lot of my dad. And when I remember dad, it's in french. Odd how minds work.

The anglo world is a big part of my life but sometimes I miss being a french speaker first. It's been a while!

Platinum Member
    There's a theme that pops in my head for everyone's journal that I read. The feeling I get, like for example when I read Vic's, I'm in someone's living room with maroon couches and holy pictures on the walls, having pomegranate juice and cucumber sandwiches. Yours is, drinking horchata con ron at a beach campfire. With that salty beach air mixed with someone's fabric softener.

Just thought I'd say. lol.

Also, you've inadvertently exposed me to some good new(for me) tunes!

^thanks Cheet! that's cool. Strange you say that. People who have gotten close to me have often said things to similar effect. About hanging out with me, my vibe. Which has always been weird to me, cause I don't think of myself like that at all.

but for tonight (might pick up on that another time, it's interesting what a thread that is in my life and people's sense of me), tomorrow is Vday people. I won't be around...

Really want to send my love out to anyone who may read in here. I'm poly amorous when it comes to Valentines...it's just about love, to me....it's not about just getting with the man....being single or not....it's show some love out there...a reminder...

Will work, have lunch with a friend, and then the eve to spread more love.

This is sombre, but GOD I LOVE THIS SONG.

[video=youtube;jvXywhJpOKs]

Yours is, drinking horchata con ron at a beach campfire. With that salty beach air mixed with someone's fabric softener.
    Interesting..! Not sure what I think. I think of you in a contemporary flat always busy and always thinking but also cool and fun too. I see as you being 'to the point' and I find very direct people funny. I know you don't drive a motorcycle but I picture you would. And I imagine you'd like camping too.

I agree about the tunes, they're always nice.

I'll get some of that lovin' vibe since I am a single lady, thank you 8)

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice