Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 120121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1233

Thread: New Journal

Wow, what a story.

Is there any way you can visit or check in on her?

She has no phone, of course.
    But she does now know the name of my friend and the place she works.
    So I'm getting small updates, but unless they are able to find some sort of longer term housing I won't be able to visit her at the youth center.
    I'm really hoping she can get the resources. She's old enough to qualify for housing assistance now, and a lot more, but who knows how long that will take or if she even has ID and the things she needs for that? So it could take time. Plus she might have to learn basic life skills from scratch. It's all a question mark right now.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Hugs. That must have been so so hard. ❤️

You did a wonderful thing.

I was talking to a patient today and his childhood included pretty much every traumatic, destructive experience you can imagine. When I hear these stories I think gosh, he never even had a real chance to be healthy. And like you said, I look at my chunky little baby who has everything and the contrast is heartbreaking.

I hope she’s able to get the long term help she needs and use the resources available to her. Social workers are miracle workers.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by sophie274
    You did a wonderful thing.

I was talking to a patient today and his childhood included pretty much every traumatic, destructive experience you can imagine. When I hear these stories I think gosh, he never even had a real chance to be healthy. And like you said, I look at my chunky little baby who has everything and the contrast is heartbreaking.

I hope she’s able to get the long term help she needs and use the resources available to her. Social workers are miracle workers.
    I agree! Maybe there's a program to get basic cell phones to people in these situations? I hope you can keep in contact even if indirectly Thank you again for doing this.

Sophie, this is super late because I didn't even know you became a mom until recently... Congrats. I'm super happy for you! Also congrats on your accomplishments on the career front. Did you finish your studies now or do you still have more to go?

And thanks Batya, Seraphim, and Jibraltra. Thanks for listening, and caring. I knew I came to the right place sharing it here. You are all awesome people.

Thank you very much! Life has changed a lot, that’s for sure. I have about a year and a half left before I graduate, and then after that I’m looking at probably another 5-7 years of “on the job training” as a working professional. So a long way to go still but not too much longer for the degree and that’s exciting.

Very exciting!! I'm getting tired just thinking of everything on your plate but I think it's amazing! You are living all the dreams you had for yourself and that's so great to hear. ❤️

My brother is turning 40 next month. I wanted to do something special for this one, but I'm not sure what I can give him now. I really wanted to gift an experience. Obviously though, very limited right now on things you can do due to restrictions and safety concerns.
    If anyone has any ideas, throw them out and I'd love to hear.
    We are at the points now where we are both fortunate ( and worked our butts off) to be comfortable enough financially where its not really about needing anything. If he wants something, he buys it.
    He is one of my best friends. Sounds corny but it's true. We have always been there to support each other, no matter what, and I just want to help make his 40th a good one.
    My original plan was a trip.. so yeah, that can't happen in the near future.

My SOs great uncle passed away in his sleep. He was 100 years old. 100!
    Incredibly, himself and his wife had been living in their own home until a few months ago. He was driving up until last year (limited to essential short drives, but still, amazing).
    I had got to visit them quite a lot since we have been together. Incredible people.
    He was a massive nature lover, and an environmentalist without giving himself that label. He told us us he was leaving everything to wildlife preservation. I just think that is one of the most amazing gifts ever.
    I'm really glad I got to know him. He was one of those people that make you feel amazed at what one human can do. He was buying crypto and stock trading online at 100 lol. Such a cool guy.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice