LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1203

Thread: New Journal

Oh I think I have a lost poster. That's ok Darcus, I do hope you feel better soon.

I'm annoyed right now. It's not my place to touch it, but I don't like seeing my guy get hurt. I love most of his family, but I'm sorry, his sister is just the worst.

This wasn't a major thing, but it shows the lack of consideration and how everything is always about her. His birthday was the other day. I planned a fun day out the two of us, then in the evening a get together at a central location for anyone who wanted to drop by. There's bowling alleys, a bar section, arcades etc. Friends who wanted or could only come with their kids, came early and we kept it family friendly. For those who wanted to have drinks and more adult time, they came by later. It was actually really fun.

His sister didn't show up. She didn't text, she didn't even tell him happy birthday. Just blank. And this was after her going on about coming, telling everyone, even teasing him about getting him a present.

I could tell it bothered him. He didn't say anything, except the next day about how he's done trying to be supportive for her, life is too short to put energy into people who don't care. He mentioned how his buddys abroad and across the country have done more for him than his own sister who's right in the same city. So that's that for now.

But he did have a great bday otherwise. It's hard to stop trying with family, I get that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I'm annoyed right now. It's not my place to touch it, but I don't like seeing my guy get hurt. I love most of his family, but I'm sorry, his sister is just the worst.

This wasn't a major thing, but it shows the lack of consideration and how everything is always about her. His birthday was the other day. I planned a fun day out the two of us, then in the evening a get together at a central location for anyone who wanted to drop by. There's bowling alleys, a bar section, arcades etc. Friends who wanted or could only come with their kids, came early and we kept it family friendly. For those who wanted to have drinks and more adult time, they came by later. It was actually really fun.

His sister didn't show up. She didn't text, she didn't even tell him happy birthday. Just blank. And this was after her going on about coming, telling everyone, even teasing him about getting him a present.

I could tell it bothered him. He didn't say anything, except the next day about how he's done trying to be supportive for her, life is too short to put energy into people who don't care. He mentioned how his buddys abroad and across the country have done more for him than his own sister who's right in the same city. So that's that for now.

But he did have a great bday otherwise. It's hard to stop trying with family, I get that.
    I am so so sorry! Awful behavior on her part. We were just in our hometown and saw lots of family. Went mostly smoothly but many times it has not. I can relate and I'm sorry.

I wish I could sleep. I can see the sky getting brighter.
    Somer nights are fine, and others I find myself awake with a tight ball of worry in my stomach.
    I know I'm not unique in this, but here I am.
    I haven't written in my journal since before my trip, which was a rather big stretch out of my usual comfort zones. I had the best time, and was all itching to strike out again for another adventure. That was March, now it's June. Three months. So much time spent inside, ups and downs, taking it day by day like everyone else.
    I've had a handful of nights with nightmares, which are rare occurences in this part of my life ( I will never take that for granted ). More often though, it's bouts of anxiety poking up, or sudden sadness, but it has more or less been manageable. Better than I have hoped and tried for.
    But sleep has been a rollercoaster. Will I have a night where I go to bed, sleep normally, wake up rested? Or will I struggle to fall asleep, to stay asleep, to be restful?
    Hoping getting this out will help me put my mind at rest, get some perspective, get it out of my head when needed. I've used all my well worn tools for anxiety, and I'll be more stringent, as I don't want this slippery slope to end up with exhaustion and then of course that's the pit where anxiety really gets you.
    So don't mind me, just making note for myself of my sleep patterns and such until this is back on track.
    Now hopefully, sleep for a bit. I can hear birds.

Platinum Member
    I also woke up to the birds! I can relate, I hope last night you slept, I hope you can find ways to rest your mind and get a good night's sleep (I've written that I love Weil method of 4-7-8 breathing to help with this).

Thinking of you!

Thank you! I got a few hours in the morning. Hopefully tonight is better. Going to try all the old tricks!
    We went to view a property today. Excellent price for three acres. Turned out to be much further away than we thought, and they didn't list how it is directly beside a little cemetery! Also the building was much more than a fixer upper, it is a literal shack with no running water and you'd have to build from scratch. Loved the property though, with a pond and dock and perfect for a hobby farm.
    It was fun, I enjoyed going to see. Keeping my eyes peeled because who knows, if there is a good opportunity, I'm open.

Platinum Member
    Wow! A friend of mine bought a gorgeous farm some years ago -she's now a dog breeder/chicken breeder/gardens etc after being a top exec at a major company.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Not far from here my husband and I saw a real estate advert for 200 acres at about $ 500,000 . It was all forest land but I can tell you we were rubbing our hands with glee. You could really hide away from the world in there.

Wow, that's a good price for 200 acres!
    Yeah, it's exciting thinking of possibilities.
    Batya, that's really neat how your friend has lived such different experiences in her life.

I slept last night! So here's hoping for tonight again. Oddly, talking about it here helps. I don't want to harp on it but just organizing what's happening helps I guess, and having people relate without judgement.

Platinum Member
    I'm so glad you slept! I slept for a longer stretch than usual so that helped -my son was up way early though. I am so glad sharing here helps!!! I wish we could meet in person.

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice