Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1173

Thread: New Journal

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Thanks everyone.
    I have a few days without any major obligations now, so am going to spend some time at the house in the country.
    That usually helps. Some solitude and quiet, a chance to reflect and read in front of the fireplace, do some simple outdoor physical labour, and look at the stars.
    Sounds wonderful!

Yesterday we had Christmas dinner at my partner's dad's house. It was us, his dad, his sister and her two kids. Kids are 18 and 12. It started off really nice, visiting and opening presents.
    As we are eating dinner, my partner's sister randomly says " Daughter needs to get pregnant already, so we can have some babies in the house!".
    Everyone was silent for a bit, her dad was the first to say something. He directs to his grand daughter, starts asking her about school. Phew! My guy and I jump in with that, encouraging her and praising her for sticking with school.
    She's been through a lot, and has at least another year yet to complete high school because of struggles she's had. But she's smart, she's thinking of uni, she is headed in a good direction.

I was annoyed but my partner was even more upset, though he handled it very gracefully. His niece asked us to drive her home afterwards, and so we got to talk with her more about it. Thankfully she is in no rush for that, she said it's her mom who is " baby crazy " lately. His niece said " it's too much work for me! I want a career at least." Thank freaking god.

There's lots more backstory to it but it just blew me away that after everything, this is his sister's time finally to be clean and be a real part of her kids lives, she's saying stupid things like this still. It just seems really selfish!

It was a double slap too. One: saying that to a young woman who is struggling to start her own adult life, her Daughter! Two: knowing that her brother and I are wanting to be parents. But it pisses me off more to hear her say it around the 18 year old.

Anyways Christmas is still going for me, got a few dinners on my side yet. And it's been a good one this year. Just had to get this one weird nag out lol.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Glad your niece has her head on!

We got texts from her today ( niece ) asking us if we have any household items to spare. She's planning on moving out on her own. She works part time, and her grandma and grandpa will help her out financially. As long as she stays in school.
    She said her mom has been using again. She hadn't been living with her mom long, maybe a year. There was a point prior to that where we offered her - open ended - a place at our home if she ever wants. She stayed with her grandma a while, then tried with her mom. Prior to that, and for most of her life,vshe lived with her dad. But that wasn't a great scene. At all. There were nights we went out, at her call to us, to pick her up when she'd vanish running the streets.

So yeah, we are gathering items for her, we both were 18 when we lived on our own too. And she has support - us, her grandma , her grandpa.

D said he sees similarities between her and I. I see it too. And we've got along since the beginning, I took an instant liking to her. Not just as a younger person but her personality.
    Like me, she responds to the chaos by rebelling to work harder, keep things orderly and clean, being responsible.

I believe she can do it. She can go far. And she got her grandma to take her for birth control, which is just awesome.

D is worried about his sister. His family has for a very long time. I'm sad for them for that. Addiction really is so freaking terrible.

Tomorrow is our four year anniversary together.
    I'm blown away that it's been four years. If you had asked me five years ago if I thought I'd be here, I would have thought no way. And I was ok with that. But he's been an awesome surprise.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Congrats!!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Tomorrow is our four year anniversary together.
    I'm blown away that it's been four years. If you had asked me five years ago if I thought I'd be here, I would have thought no way. And I was ok with that. But he's been an awesome surprise.
    And it's a palindrome day!!
    02/02/2020

Originally Posted by Batya33
    02/02/2020
    Whoa, didn't even realize that! Lol.

Thanks Seraphim!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    02/02/2020
    I noticed it! I like to save files in the yyyymmdd format, so I was extra excited by this date. I could type 20200202 ~or~ 02022020. The possibilities were.... well... two.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary, Itsallgrand!!

I'm in exactly the same boat now mate and truly feel your pain . Sitting in the house surrounded by memories.. I love her so much it truely hurts I feel sick all the time
    Did it ever get any easier for you?

Give Advice
Ask For Advice