Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1149

Thread: New Journal

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I love your grit and determination. Your description of your childhood home. We never had one as we were nomadic due to necessity.
    🤗 Thank you! I do feel like it is an accomplishment to have managed it. I've always admired your grit and perseverance too.

I understand even more so now why being where you are, having built your business and a life of stability for you and your family is so important to you. You've been nomadic most of your life!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    "I remember the first time my bf and I went out camping. I adore it. He hadnt done it much, usually went the cabin route. That first night, with a fire going and a growler of beer we had picked up in a neighbouring town, and he's going deep into stories I never heard before. He got right into what to me is so magical about finding a spot and having a little camp. The lack of distractions, it lets you just be. Helps settle things in you , make it seem less complicated.
    So now we tend to do trips that are a mix of solid walls and a tent. I really love it. "

Yes -I love how that triggers depth and sharing -I dated a very reserved guy and - well not in a tent -but we were sort of stuck in a parked car for hours locked out of the house where we were staying and the conversation just flowed including about poptarts (you know the toaster pastries) -not "deep" but deep in the sense of him just being himself, open, flowing. Sometimes you do need that kind of survival type environment to bring that out.

Thanks for relating all this!!
    Yes, you understand exactly what I mean ! 🤗
    Thank you for sharing that nice story. Pop tarts lol. Isn't it funny the moments we remember as special sometimes?!
    It's the connecting we remember most.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    🤗 Thank you! I do feel like it is an accomplishment to have managed it. I've always admired your grit and perseverance too.

I understand even more so now why being where you are, having built your business and a life of stability for you and your family is so important to you. You've been nomadic most of your life!
    I have moved 37 times since I was born. 34 times with my parents. My dad would never pay the rent or quit jobs we would always have to keep moving on. The only family home we had was the one with my mom and step dad. They had it for 25 years. I lived there for 15. My son lived there the first half of his life until he was almost 13. Stability for my son is so important to me.

I remember the first time my bf and I went out camping. I adore it. He hadnt done it much, usually went the cabin route. That first night, with a fire going and a growler of beer we had picked up in a neighbouring town, and he's going deep into stories I never heard before. He got right into what to me is so magical about finding a spot and having a little camp. The lack of distractions, it lets you just be. Helps settle things in you , make it seem less complicated.
    So now we tend to do trips that are a mix of solid walls and a tent. I really love it.
    My boyfriend isn't big on camping, either. I dragged him out once with my cousin about 6 years ago. He actually had a great time. But we've had opportunities to go since then and he has always declined. Maybe one day he'll go back!

P.S. Do you live in a bigger city in New Jersey, Jibs? How did you begin your love of horses?
    I live in an urban area, but it's not really a city. I grew up in a more suburban area that was developed on and bordered by farmland. But I didn't interact with farmers much. Most of my neighbors were transplants who were displaced from Brooklyn after the Veranzanno Bridge was built. Most parents commuted to NYC for work. For that reason, the mentality of my town was more urban than some of the surrounding areas. And my New Jersey accent is a lot stronger than the accent of people who grew up just 20 minutes away. I always feel bad when I travel to southern states like Florida and Georgia because people think I'm yelling at them lol.

I don't know exactly when my love of horses began. I think the horseback riding preoccupation must have started when I saw The Black Stallion as a little kid. I've always loved communicating with animals, and I always loved going fast. Going fast on the back of a horse seemed like the most awesome thing in the world!

Unsurprisingly, it's not as easy as the movie makes it seem. But that same exhilaration is there. And there is this amazing bond that can happen.

The Black Stallion is a great movie, by the way. I've watched it a couple of times as an adult, and it stands the test of time.

Guess it's just one of those song sharing days haha. Nice tune! I hope you're doing well, IAG.

Yes it is! Lol. Music is a constant. Healing.
    I'm doing well.

Glad to hear it, and absolutely. I still can't believe I'm actually going to be experiencing a new Tool album in about a month. My soul needs it so badly.

Really?! I didn't know that!
    Oh my god, so many memories connected to that band.

Heh, speaking of memories with music, I was jamming to an old playlist just earlier while taking care of some things, and on pops Roots Bloody Roots. Immediately reminded me of us talking about Sepultura long ago. I believe that you were the one who posted that song. That band always gets me pumped

Give Advice
Ask For Advice