LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "ILYBINILWY" = Someone else?

"ILYBINILWY" = Someone else?

I've done a lot of research and I've found that in a lot of places when someone uses the old "ILYBINILWY" line it most likely indicates (but not in all cases) that there is someone else they are trying to pursue or have already started pursuing. Does anybody have any thoughts about this? Do you think this reigns true?
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06-16-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Bah, who knows.
    For the most part, I think it's likely that they just want something different, or something more.
    Grass is greener thing for instance.
    If you swell their head with your praise and support, they may think they should be entitled to you +1.

In the long run, I wouldn't read too much into it.
    The communication is, "I want out", hears my cliche excuse ...

The best thing we can do for ourselves is smile at them, say nothing and walk out of their lives.
    bye bye!

OSP

^^Second everything OSP said.

True, there is nothing I can do and I've the whole GIG Syndrome thread and a lot of it fits my description rather well. I have some hope but then again I'm trying to let it go..It's dying a slow and painful death at this point =/ That and although these words weren't said word for word to me I understand what he was saying..
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06-16-2012 at 02:13 AM.

"ILYBINILWY" is such horse sh*t. I hear this and I want to just cringe. In my experience "ILYBINILWY"="I would rather sit here and make a play on words, than give you anything close to a real reason", the real reason could be there's someone else, could be they don't think you're attractive, could be lots of things, they just don't want to say.

Originally Posted by Godel
    "ILYBINILWY" is such horse sh*t. I hear this and I want to just cringe. In my experience "ILYBINILWY"="I would rather sit here and make a play on words, than give you anything close to a real reason", the real reason could be there's someone else, could be they don't think you're attractive, could be lots of things, they just don't want to say.
    "It's not you, it's me" seems to be along those same lines...

"were just two different people"

Silver Member
    It truly depends on the situation. It could mean a multitude of things. For all you know the person is being truthful and brutally honest. It is really irrelevant what the person's motivations are for saying this old and tired cliche. What is important is that you let someone walk out of your life when they utter those vague words. Do yourself a favour and salvage your self-esteem and dignity, walk away and never look back. Take it from someone who had those words uttered to him half a year ago.

It doesn't matter what it means.

It really doesn't matter what a "dumper" says while leaving......ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS....and they left us, so that is the only "statement" that matters in the end....

Originally Posted by secondchance67

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.... so that is the only "statement" that matters in the end....
    Yeah, thats about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice