Ask For Advice

Thread: How to get over the loss of a friendship? A best friend.

scared and alone
    Gold Member

How to get over the loss of a friendship? A best friend.

It was an on and off friendship for years. We were friends, then it ended, due to her. Then we reconnected then ended again, due to her. Well even though it was a few years ago, I still cant stop missing her. But, it was a toxic friendship and she did nothing but blame me for any problem and was just condescending anyway. Why I miss her, I have no idea. But, how do you get over losing a best friend? I really did love her like a sister and talked to her about everything. But I know that if I were to talk to her again, it would be the same thing all over again, like it was last time. Its odd because it was the friendship that felt like you were just meant to be in each others lives, yet, they ruin it. Ugh. Its so frustrating.

And also, another "best friend" who I had in my hometown. I haven't had contact with her since October of last year. She didn't even contact me when she heard my grandfather died. I can't even believe that. Even though she was all 'oh i miss her'. Really? If you miss me so much, the LEAST you could do is freaking text me that youre sorry i lost my grandpa...
    Last edited by scared and alone; 06-16-2012 at 12:26 AM.

MasterPo
    I'm wondering that myself, "what happened to my best friend?" Guess its one of life's mysteries. I kick myself that I can't shake it either, almost three years - ugh! There have been others in my life but not quite the same.

Good luck.

Top Threads
Parents Sabotaging Adult Daughter's Close Friendship
Hello everyone, I am a 28 year old woman, am an attorney, and am happily married. I have always been dedicated to social justice and youth justice
Just need to vent about my friends suicide....feeling anger and confusion
I posted earlier this month about my best friend of 38 years who took her own life. She wasn't responding to my texts so I requested a "well person
How do you break off a friendship?
I have this friend, who I've never felt close with, and I feel like she has reeled me into her life that I don't want to be apart of. We don't have
Friend won't give me space for studies (need advice pls)
I've been friends with him for 11 years and feel like he is my best friend but lately I feel like he won't give me enough space for my studies
My best friend will not come to my party because her ex will be there
Hello all, I am looking for a bit of advice here. I have probably less than a handful of people who I can actually call my friends. Despite this
Which friend should I protect you could say. Need advice!
Here's a bit of back story. I have been friends with a girl we will call "J" since the third grade. We haven't always been close but always friends
Making out with a friend (He's a 21 M & I'm a 21 F) does it even mean anything?
So me and this guy and two other girls are good friends in nursing school. I started becoming friends with him this year and he's told my other

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Whatever Happened to.....
Hey there, Does anyone know whatever happened to ENA old timers Brownstone, TiredTiger, SuperDave, mhowe, John Galt, Shane Falco, etc? I'd be
I Need Urgent Help With This, Please!!!
Sorry this is long, just want to explain the whole thing. I've been dating a guy for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks we hung out as "friends"
Being a "little man"
So I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder that has been a hindrance to my self confidence that I wanna get rid of. I'm 5'6, with hands and feet
So we broke up, but while I was breaking up with him his phone rang...
So I broke up with this guy who I thought was absolutely wonderful and trying to support as he was going through so much, divorce, business
No contact rule to get ex back.
So ive used the no contact rule to get my ex of 2 years back one other time after we had a short break. Our relationship only allowed us to see each
Am I being too harsh or a push over?
First post so here goes feel like I don't have anyone to turn to about this. Been in a relationship for about 6 years now all has been great for
You find love when you stop looking ??
I don't know how many times I've heard this expression. What do the people of ENA think of this statement? I get pretty annoyed when somebody
Ask For Advice