Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: She's said YES!!

Great - Yes I thought as much. I am happy with what's on the table. It is, after all, exactly what I wanted before I said I would walk away from her.

In the current situation, the respect is there and the trust is there. I think by working on myself by not being too "full on" or "needy", she will want a relationship before long anyway.

This is my pitfall, I have done everything else right and got her back, to myself!! BUT I find it difficult to cut down the attention and contact I throw towards her.

It's these factors ALONE that will make or break us, if I can't control my emotion and just RELAX and be COOL by KNOWING everything will be fine, then it won't last.

If anyone can offer me advice on how to drop these unattractive traits without it driving you mad, please enlighten me!

(if you've ever tried "securing" your relationship by planning the future, example: "Would you like to see this band play in October?", really what I am asking is "Are we still gonna be together in October?"......that's me......I have to be cool and just know it'll be ok by flowing along with things, but I need advice and guidance on this)

Also, should I be worried that she hasn't deleted her PoF profile yet? (online dating)

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by incomingfire
    Also, should I be worried that she hasn't deleted her PoF profile yet? (online dating)
    Why not ask why? If she can`t handle that she`s not for real. Just make sure you do it gently!

"hey can i just ask you why you still have that PoF profile up going?" (make it light-hearted)

whatever she says you can respond with "I would like us to get this right so it would mean alot to me if you could take it down"

I mean, you have already told her straight to the face what you can accept and not. Just go smooth about it so you don`t come accross as a posessive guy, but a man with value, good wishes and standards.

7.5 years on, just an update to let anybody who's interested know....

Dumped this girl about 7.5 years ago because she couldn't commit.
    Realised that the whole time, she was the problem - not me..... seeee ya!

Anyway, few years later, met my now wife (when I wasn't looking)!
    We've been together 6 years, 1st child on the way. Never been happier.

No silly games, no second guessing. Just a natural, easy-going relationship.
    So my final advice would be....

"A relationship is like a fart, if you have to force it, it's probably a turd"

Don't muck around playing games and letter another person toy with your feelings, you'll meet the right person at the right time.
    When you stop looking for the wrong person, that is.
    Last edited by incomingfire; 02-08-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Congrats and great update!

Don't muck around playing games and letter another person toy with your feelings, you'll meet the right person at the right time.

Dumped this girl about 7.5 years ago because she couldn't commit.
    Realised that the whole time, she was the problem - not me..... seeee ya!

"A relationship is like a fart, if you have to force it, it's probably a turd"

Thank you for coming back and sharing. That is great news!!! It's nice to hear a success story. I experienced something very similar. I am not happy and engaged, and can see my past relationship for what it is.
    You are very correct about forcing things (your description made me giggle)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice