Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gratitude Journal

4) My walk today!

Started out as a brisk walk with my head full of work tasks and pressures, on top of which I remembered the reading I'm behind on for a mindfulness class. The pressure mounted until I remembered about walking meditation, and so that's what it became. Which lead to a sense of wonder, opening to the sounds, colors, and sensations I was experiencing. Which filled me with gratitude.

It's all so amazing and I am so darn lucky!

1) A phone call from son-1, who is on the other side of the world

2) A phone call from son-2, who is local

3) A phone call and laughing with sister-1.

4) A sketch session with sketchy friends and a tasty light lunch

5) A great parking spot

6) Meeting eyes and sharing smiles with a stranger on the street

7) Plenty of work

5) Loon calls! It's an extra treat when I can hear them from my house.

6) Owl calls! Another big treat around my home. Sometimes the hoot AND holler.

7) Our local rural post office and postmaster. It's THE town center, a hub of sorts, and our postmaster makes it even better.

1) For making it under the wire with time to spare. Bravo! Felt gratitude at the outset for arriving on time, even though I was running much later than planned, and the whole thing went better than expected. Sweet.

2) My favorite parking spot was waiting for me! Perfect!

3) Running into my old friend in the process was icing on the cake! Thank you. Made my day!

4) My sons! 'Love 'em!

5) The helpful guy at the pet store.

6) My ex for doing his best to hand the split as kindly as possible.

7) New friends made along the way.

8 ) A nice long chat with my brother.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi JN,

I hadn't peeked at the journals board for weeks and it was nice to see your postings. Oh yes, chocolate! I have bought sticky date pudding and icecream for tonight to go with the pumpkin soup I have cooked. Yum!

Mmm, pumpkin soup! Sounds good. Do you put spices in it? I've never heard of sticky date pudding, but I do like dates. And ice cream. How was your soup dinner?

Hi Silver, I can't remember what I lost. Small things along the way, really. I used to feel an urgent need to find the thing I'd lost, that it was on MY shoulders to find it. I've come to be open to the idea that we can have help from unseen energies (beings? angels? Spirit? our higher self? friends and loved ones who've passed? our subconscious? or _____?______). Now, I decide that the lost thing will be found and ask for it to be shown to me, and then let go of searching. When it does show up I am touched by a feeling of kindness, and I say "thank you". If anything, it's made my life better.

Lovely things you have in your life. I share your appreciation!