Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long until you become a "couple"?

Natasha24
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I still really like him and I hope we can be official soon, but for now, I'm going to slowly start meeting guys again. I don't want to end up wasting my time.
    Thanks again!

diamond78
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha24 [Register to see the link]
    Sorry to dig up an old thread like this, but I have another question.

It's getting close to 3 months with this guy, and nothing's happened. We talked about being official again the other day, and he said "There's something that's making me want to wait to be official. I don't know what it is, but something's telling me not to do it yet". I have no idea what to make of this.
    You should have nipped that in the bud right away. I would have said something like "Oh. Well, when you feel you are finally ready to make things official then give me a call, but until then I won't just sit here and wait for you to finally determine that I am good enough to be in a relationship with"

And it would be wrap. Focus on other things in my life and put myself back on the dating scene.

I had a good friend who got caught up in something like this. The guy kept stalling on making it official. This went on for 6-7 months of 'dating' and then eventually it ended because she found out he had started dating another female because they had never made things official.

When a guy hasn't made things official after a few months, it means he is still keeping his options open.

I know you like this guy, but you need to love yourself more and put a timestamp on this dating game. You seem to have the right attitude about all this. You'll know what to do.

blueidealist24
    Platinum Member
    I made a joke the other day about him being a commitment-phone, but he said he isn't. All his previous relationships were 1-3 years, so I don't think he's afraid of commitment. I just don't get why he's holding off.
    We're still not having sex. It's really difficult to be honest, but I feel like this is the only thing that's going to make him want to be official - because in all other ways, we already are.
    Maybe he's been burned in the past from his last relationship.. but I'm starting to think he IS interested in someone else too or just playing the field.

Natasha24
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueidealist24 [Register to see the link]
    Maybe he's been burned in the past from his last relationship.. but I'm starting to think he IS interested in someone else too or just playing the field.
    His last relationship (2 years) ended because he cheated on her. Not drunk, no reason, no excuse. Just cheated on her. He genuinely seemed like he felt horrible about it, but still..

It's funny how there can be all these red flags right infront of your face, but you don't notice them until someone makes you write them all down and read them. I like him a lot and I think I've been ignoring some of these issues. I'm going to keep seeing other guys and take this guy very casually.. I'm starting to feel a little weary about him, regardless of how much I like him.

Madison12
    Bronze Member
    I'm starting to not like this guy at all for you.

PaintWithLight
    His last relationship (2 years) ended because he cheated on her. Not drunk, no reason, no excuse. Just cheated on her. He genuinely seemed like he felt horrible about it, but still..

It's funny how there can be all these red flags right infront of your face, but you don't notice them until someone makes you write them all down and read them. I like him a lot and I think I've been ignoring some of these issues. I'm going to keep seeing other guys and take this guy very casually.. I'm starting to feel a little weary about him, regardless of how much I like him.
    Also, you can say you are not "having sex" but you are doing sexual stuff with him. He is getting sleepovers and other types of "boyfriend benefits" yet he is wanting to stay completely in the gray zone. This way, if he is dating, sleeping or chasing other girls, he can always claim that you are unfair to be angry because "nothing was official". That alone smacks of game playing. He has lingering doubts about committing but no doubts about having sexual play with you. And you have been allowing it for 3 months. If you suddenly wake up, he can claim you are threatening him and pressuring him into a decision. He has you right where he wants you. Free fun for as long as he can string you along!

SuperDuper
    Agree with the above poster and pretty much everyone else here. This sounds like something I'd do IF I was into games and IF it was a girl I didn't want to commit to.

Confused22

Hello Everyone, I feel like I am in the exact same situation. All of your comments have been extremely helpful so far. I'm just curious, Natasha24, what ended up happening with this guy? I also went a very long time without dating. I actually really didn't think I was ready to date again until I met this guy, so I'm not even sure how I would go about meeting other people, even though that sounds like a good choice at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Top Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
I'm always the one messaging first lately.... not her.
I've been dating this woman for the past few weeks. We've gone on about 4 dates so far. Date #5 occurring this Saturday. Anyway, lately, it
Why would people ghost rather than saying something
Speaking to a girl for a month or so, been on a couple dates went well and we spoke a lot. After the last date we were still speaking for a few days
He didn't even bother to cancel our date leaving me feeling disrespected
We made plans to go out on Friday evening. No place/specific time but we did discuss possible things to do and I knew it would be in the evening
Does she like me? Another second date confusion...
Met another girl online and we went on a date at Sunday ([I]this is the 7th girl I go on a first date with for the past few months, I suck at
Is he really even interested? Please help.
I am really torn on what to do. I know I'm emotional at times and I don't know if this is honestly a problem or if it's all in my own head and I'm
Ghosted by an Ďamazingí man?
Hi Everyone, So after finally leaving an emotionally abusive relationship with a man I had a child with I finally started dating. I went on a few

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice