Weird cramping that feels like menstruation...no bleeding?

This may be too much information so I'm sorry in advance, lol.

This could simply be a PMS symptom, but I never experienced anything like this EVER with my periods. Yesterday afternoon, I got a mild dizzying headache and started to feel that cramping sensation like I was going to start my period. Normally, the day I get the cramps is the day I start, usually within an hour. It never came and later that night I felt it again along with the mild headache. I put in a tampon overnight as I was expecting it to start while I was sleeping and didn't want to wake up in a mess.

I woke up at 5am feeling more intense cramping and assumed that was it and went back to sleep. I woke up again at 7 to get ready for my day and went in the bathroom to clean up and that tampon was bone dry. Throughout the morning I had the lightheaded feeling and felt somewhat sick up until 2pm. Still no blood? I now feel fine like nothing happened and I feel no symptoms of my period starting anytime soon. It was supposed to start yesterday, or today (i'm confused now because of the false alarms and kind of lost track. My cycles are very normal and this "threw it off").

What could be the issue? Any other women experience this?

I know what you mean. And I HATE when this happens: False alarms are the pits!

For me, I sometimes I start getting the bloaty-periody feeling, about a week and a half to two weeks before actually starting my period. It's a real bother. Especially, if the feeling coninues after its gone. It makes me want to rip the hair out my head.

But back to you:

Aside from the actual feelings, is your period still on time or is it late?

I've heard that it's normal for women's cycle to re-adjust themselves in their twenties. I used to have a regular cycle until I turned 19. Now it's just moody: it goes when it goes, and comes when it comes.

I was just going to say the same as rita ..a period re adjusts itself with each decade ...mine became different

in my 30's and totally off the wall in my 40's .

also you may with age start to experience period pain when your ovulating ..I know when my little eggs are ripe (well the 2 I have left) because I get period pains.

also with age ...I now feel sick , my skin itches to the point of blood I have ragged my skin so much , flu like sypmtons ..cramping then nothing ...more cramping then nothing ..and like you I wear the appropriate pads ect ..thinking it is minutes away ... only to start 4 days later.

I thought it was going to start yesterday or this morning. I have a 28-30 day cycle. I always got the ovulation pain since my teens and would use that as a clue of when my next period would start. The ovulation alternates each month (left side, then right). Aside from these new symptoms I still have a 4-day cycle if not shorter (last month is was 3 days with virtually no cramping). It's good to know this is normal

well one thing ..when your thinking of children at least you already have the heads up

when your ovulating.

It's funny you say about one side then the other ..nothing to do with your period ..just talking about this stuff

really ..

I had an eptopic and my fallopian tube couldn't be saved ...I wanted to try again after losing that baby , but obviously have only one tube was concerning me , and the consultant told me when I release an egg the side

with no tube , the egg can make it way over to the remaining tube ...ahhhh we are clever inisde arn;t we ? haha

he also told me you can ovulate repeatedly for months just on one side and that it isn't always the case that it goes from left to right etc ..

It's like a work of art inside us isn't it .

well one thing ..when your thinking of children at least you already have the heads up

when your ovulating.

It's funny you say about one side then the other ..nothing to do with your period ..just talking about this stuff

really ..

I had an eptopic and my fallopian tube couldn't be saved ...I wanted to try again after losing that baby , but obviously have only one tube was concerning me , and the consultant told me when I release an egg the side

with no tube , the egg can make it way over to the remaining tube ...ahhhh we are clever inisde arn;t we ? haha

he also told me you can ovulate repeatedly for months just on one side and that it isn't always the case that it goes from left to right etc ..

It's like a work of art inside us isn't it .

Wow. I just learned something new. It's very interesting being a woman, lol. I never knew this. I always thought that if there was one damaged Fallopian tube then chances of conception would be cut in half. Our bodies are a work of art and are amazing!

I actually just came here to post about this because no matter what, sites like WebMD insist that it's pregnancy, despite the fact that it would be impossible due to sexual inactivity.

That said, sometimes I get my periods a week late. Sometimes my body feels normal, other days I have mild to moderate cramping for that entire week. It wouldn't be so bad if the bloating didn't get worse and worse as the days went by. It's been driving me nuts the past few days because I feel so worn out, fatigued even. All the worse symptoms of PMS extended by a week. It's likely stress though. I just started a new job, and I'm terrified of having to call out sick my first week because I feel awful enough the first day of my period that driving would be dangerous.

Also, when I've felt like cramps are starting to get worse, I've been taking Aleve and Evening Primrose Oil so that when I do get it, the symptoms won't be so bad. But it just makes the mild cramping go away, and I wonder if these things are delaying my period. My cramps are bad enough that doctors have told me to take pain meds starting a few days before it's supposed to start.

• 9 months later...

Archived