Using astrology to understand relationships

I have never really believed in the concept of astrology. I generally feel that it is a bunch of fluff, yet being a female when I was younger I would enjoy reading my horoscope at the end of the magazines. Just out of curiosity, I looked up my mine and my ex's astrological signs compatibility and while it was highly entertaining, most if not all of it was spot on!

Apparently, our match is volatile, highly unstable and passionate at its best. The Scorpio Gemini relationship is two complete opposites coming together. There was a lot said about each of our personalities that was pretty accurate and sort of put it into perspective.

So if you're bored and curious about it, check it out. Post any interesting tidbits here

Actually, that's not astrology, just basic horoscopes. Astrology charts give more depth because nobody is just one sign, our sun sign. We are a combination of many (different planets, different houses, even transits and whatever if you wanna go deeper) with the three main ones, sun sign, moon sign, and rising sign. I'm a Scorpio, Sag., and Virgo in that order. Also, my boyfriend is a Gemini and we're going on for 2 years and a half now, going strong. He's a Libra moon and Virgo rising sign as well.

Even so, I don't put complete faith in astrology. It'd be insane to depend on it. You got to trust yourself instead, that's better.

I always liked astrology and horoscopes. It was fun to read about mine and my ex's too. I was scorpio and he was capricorn, promising in being successful together yet it didn't obviously work anyway. It was fun to compare though! But love is of course more than the matching of astrological signs. So many factors go into making it work.

Sometimes it's true on my daily horoscope, but other times - I'm just confused.

Horoscopes are very vague.

With a scorpio & gemini relationship.. opposites attract. You may have some traits of your starsign, but not all of it is true.

I'm Leo dating an Aquarius.. opposites definitely attract

To get a better undertstanding about what "may" happen in the future, go see a tarot card reader. I have been to one, and most of it has come true.

I like astrology and tarot cards too, I am also intrigued by the occult. I don't really believe in it but I like the fantasy story behind it. I have a friend really into it and I always enjoy listening to her talking about it. I am Virgo with Scorpio rising and moon in Cancer. My ex was Libra and most Libras I have met, although I like them I find them somewhat indecisive or too chilled or easily swayed (same with Pisces). My favourite star sign is Taurus, Cancer and also I get on with Leos very well.

I don't really buy into horoscopes/astrology at all.

I am a Libra and my boyfriend is an Aquarius. While nothing that the horoscope says is really "off", I just don't buy it to be really true. My ex was a Taurus..."oh so he's stuck in his ways because he's a Taurus". OF COURSE HE WAS STUCK IN HIS WAYS HE WAS A BACHELOR IN HIS 50s.

I don't rely on it at all.

Interesting replies!

I don't seriously "rely" on horoscopes for advice about my life to the point where I would act on it or follow it on a daily basis. A lot of it is subjective and can be interpreted in different ways for everyone. I still think it's amusing when it actually matches up to my situation.

Actually, that's not astrology, just basic horoscopes. Astrology charts give more depth because nobody is just one sign, our sun sign. We are a combination of many (different planets, different houses, even transits and whatever if you wanna go deeper) with the three main ones, sun sign, moon sign, and rising sign. I'm a Scorpio, Sag., and Virgo in that order. Also, my boyfriend is a Gemini and we're going on for 2 years and a half now, going strong. He's a Libra moon and Virgo rising sign as well.

Even so, I don't put complete faith in astrology. It'd be insane to depend on it. You got to trust yourself instead, that's better.

Yeah this^

I can see that you guys get along alright (there seems to be alot of gemini and scorpio couples! Which is surprising), but he is probably alittle more flighty than you due to the gem sun/libra moon combo aye? Though you probably are pretty into freedom yourself bc of your sag moon.

I have a libra moon/venus/mercury and it makes me abit too peace loving at times. And indecisive.

I find proper indepth astrology really accurate. Explains alot about a person's different sides. Though basic horoscope stuff is rubbish. Too generalised.

Ha, there have been a couple of threads about this topic recently. Look, here is how I see it, if someone could actually see the future by looking at the stars (or however all of this works) don't you think they would be racing to help the world out with its problems instead of tell a string of people "You will meet a tall stranger sometime in June. They will have a large effect on your life."? Would they be running to the nearest science lab to be test and give credibility to their "powers"?

I think it can be good for a laugh. I have a two great books "Born on a Rotten Day" and "Love on a Rotten Day" that are supper funny. Anyways, the bottom line is, (as hard as it is to do) just use good-old-fashion common sense. Its way cheaper than handing over $50 to be told a string of gibberish that could apply to hundreds if not thousands of people.

I have never really believed in the concept of astrology. I generally feel that it is a bunch of fluff, yet being a female when I was younger I would enjoy reading my horoscope at the end of the magazines. Just out of curiosity, I looked up my mine and my ex's astrological signs compatibility and while it was highly entertaining, most if not all of it was spot on!

Apparently, our match is volatile, highly unstable and passionate at its best. The Scorpio Gemini relationship is two complete opposites coming together. There was a lot said about each of our personalities that was pretty accurate and sort of put it into perspective.

So if you're bored and curious about it, check it out. Post any interesting tidbits here

I am a Scorpio and my husband is a Gemini. It is probably two of the worst signs to put together. However we have been together almost 24 years and married for 18 of those years. Sooo..............is it all astrology? Well, no.

Yeah this^

I can see that you guys get along alright (there seems to be alot of gemini and scorpio couples! Which is surprising), but he is probably alittle more flighty than you due to the gem sun/libra moon combo aye? Though you probably are pretty into freedom yourself bc of your sag moon.

I have a libra moon/venus/mercury and it makes me abit too peace loving at times. And indecisive.

I find proper indepth astrology really accurate. Explains alot about a person's different sides. Though basic horoscope stuff is rubbish. Too generalised.

He is not flighty at all. He is very grounded. He has a good Saturn aspect to ground him. He can be indecisive though. The romantic Libra works well with my Scorpio qualities and his Libra/Gemini is fine with my Sag. Our Virgo rising signs are similar for how we present ourselves. There are other aspects that ties it down nicely for the most part. I have no doubt we're fine.

I am a Scorpio and my husband is a Gemini. It is probably two of the worst signs to put together. However we have been together almost 24 years and married for 18 of those years. Sooo..............is it all astrology? Well, no.

Of course it's different for everybody. I don't take it too seriously, but what I read about our personality traits did pertain to my situation so at the very least I got a kick out of it today.

I am sagi wanting my leo back ....very compatible are leo and sagi

I am also into tarot jimjam

Me too Shooting, I am a sagg and my ex was an aries..what a bunch of fluff about how in harmony and match made in heaven we were suppose to be. Talk about a rollarcoaster relationship though..ugh

Interesting replies!

I don't seriously "rely" on horoscopes for advice about my life to the point where I would act on it or follow it on a daily basis. A lot of it is subjective and can be interpreted in different ways for everyone. I still think it's amusing when it actually matches up to my situation.

Yes, it was very amusing for me how, it seemed we were suppose to be meant together (sag / aries). But in the end, I think it has alot to do with alot of other factors like upbringing, social environments, education, etc..But it's very interesting.

Sometimes I would show my ex: "See it's says were are compatabilte, now why cant we get it right"?...lol

yeah I do the cards on my ex daily "The Devil" always comes out.

But yeah I suppose it can be of help but Alot of "readers" use basic psycology to suss out a persons needs.

Especially those who work online pulling the phone lines and web cam readings.

Trust me I did quite alot of work in that area in years gone by.

Much better to read up on self help, positive psychology and such like. But hey thats just the cynic in me.

My sun and moon are in Scorpio with my ascendant in Virgo, my current partner's are in Cancer and Virgo - I don't know what ascendant. From what I can make out that is a very good possible match. Most of what I have read about Cancerian males describes him to a T. For years, my younger sister used to tell me I was not at all like most people born under Scorpio, that I was much more like her, a Virgo.

Funny that I've noticed that a lot of people I have clicked with have been Cancerian, Capricorn, Piscean, occasionally other Scorpios. My mum is Pisces and we are close and get along well. My dad was a classic Leo.

My exes were Aries and Libra.

Archived