Feeling Ugly and Jealous due to the attention other women get

block1234

Well first off I am confused if I am Pretty or Ugly. i honestly feel I am pretty Ugly.

My bf's brother's new wife got a couple of compliments on Facebook from strangers (People see her pictures) telling his brother he had a beautiful new wife. The same wife, my mom saw her photo, and told me she was pretty. I felt inadequate because my mom never tells me I'm pretty. When my bf posts on facebook showing he is in a new relationship with me (People see my picture), I never get compliments from people telling my boyfriend, oh wow, you have a beautiful girlfriend. SO I get jealous, feel confused about my looks, and feel sorta frumpy and ugly.

I also hear female coworkers talking about how they see men just stare at them and how guys look at them in a way that tells them that guys finds them attractive. I also have had a female coworker tell me she had a a guy chase her on the freeway and follow her home.. Again this leaves me feeling jealous, feeling super confused and ugly once again because (a) I NEVER get stared at or checked out by men... If I was pretty, wouldn't I see all these men staring at me, or checking me out? (b) Wouldn't guys be chasing me on the freeway if I was somewhat attractive?

Also, any boyfriend I have had in my life, no one ever says to my face, that I'm pretty.. I've seen families meet other new girlfriends and they tell the girl how pretty they are..

SO yes this post is superficial, but I wish I was pretty too .

A few things :

1) WHY DO YOU BASE YOUR LOOKS ON THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS?

Have you ever just stopped to look in the mirror and really appreciate who you are as a person? Do you not do things to beautify yourself just because you want to do it and not for others? Yes, societal pressures are strong and there has been this "illusion" that was set forth from the beginning of time about women's looks being exhalted by men. However, this is the 21st century and if a woman has learned anything at all in the last century, it's about self-worth.

2) WHY NOT DIRECT THE JEALOUSY ONTO YOUR OWN IMPROVEMENT AND BETTERMENT?

As you sit there, staring at your sister-in-law, getting upset at all the compliments she's getting or wondering if you're pretty, why NOT direct all that negative energy into something positive? Instead of sitting there, why not work out to release the stress? The exercises will give you a sense of accomplishment and you will see results in your body ( stronger, more beautiful, more toned ). You start to challenge yourself in many ways ( join activities etc ). Every now and then, go and shop for something beautiful JUST for you. Go to the spa, salon, get a new outfit and DON'T FEEL GUILTY. Jealousy is what makes people unattractive....NOT the face, clothes etc. People can feel negative / jealous energy from a mile away......don't be that person who everyone doesn't want to be around with because of the negative energy you exude.

Do you have a picture of yourself? You may actually be pretty, and be worrying yourself about nothing. Do you really want a guy following you home on the freeway? I'd be kind of scared if a guy did that.

If you've had multiple boyfriends, you can't be that awful-looking. I bet you're not awful looking at all.

minx2012 speaks the truth.

I like to listen to "body beautiful" by Salt 'N Peppa there is a video on youtube that has this song along with Pics and quotes of Isabella Rosellini. You should check it out. It always make me feel better.

I would have place placed it here, but everytime I try to post a video. It never gets accepted.

Archived