Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He apologized...

euphoria24

Talking He apologized...

if you are following my story:

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize. It seems like everything was bad timing. I'm working a lot and have another person I was/am dating. I honestly did enjoy meeting and hanging out with you. I just felt a little overwhelmed and thought that perhaps I wasn't doing the right thing. Just wanted to say you're probably the nicest person I've met in a while and i think that's probably the best thing anyone could ask for. I'll miss you. I hate being the bad guy in situations like this..."

I dont know if this is a rejection letter or an I miss you come back letter. What do you all think ? I guess he is taken and I certainly do not want to build a relationship on a bad foundation. To me if he is with someone else then he is unavailable. I cant date someone who is with someone else. Plain and simple.

mhowe
    It is not a rejection letter or a miss you/come back later.

It is a good bye, it was nice knowing you.

RFB
    Bronze Member
    Agree with MHOWE. It's a nice goodbye letter.

CLIMBK
    yup its a goodbye, i had a similar thing, its just a nice way for them to feel ok, and it makes them look good. My ex sent me a text saying, how horrible she felt for hurting me again, and that i should do whatever to move on, and that i deserve better.. haha. massive * * * * * .
    i havent replied, silence speaks volumes. i would advise you do the same.
    leave it be.

allielynn
    Gold Member
    Yeah. That's a ncie goodbye. He's to soothe his OWN ego. That way he wouldn't look like a jerk for not getting back to you

blueidealist24
    Platinum Member
    If he says he's dating another person, it's a goodbye, I think. Or maybe a keeping you on the back burner thing in case things don't work out with the other person (I would not let him keep you there!).

markie6
    Its a good bye, and guilt relief, saying nice things , but just as much to make him feel less badly

annie24
    That's a goodbye. I read your story. It doesn't sound like he was ever that interested, certainly not as invested as you were. I understand, I've been there. I would start posting in healing after breakup vs getting back together.

browneyedgirl36
    Platinum Member browneyedgirl36's Avatar
    I agree with the others -- definitely a goodbye. I think you can take what he says at face value: He thinks you're a really nice person; he's seeing someone else. He doesn't think that seeing both of you is the right thing. He feels bad. I got an e-mail almost exactly like this from a guy I dated for a few months. In fact, much of it was the same -- he was sorry, he thought I was a great person, he'd found someone else, he hoped we could be friends at some point, etc. -- at first, I was in denial about it and reading a lot into a few short sentences. After awhile, I recognized it for what it was -- a goodbye. Painful, but necessary.

It's good that he at least responded and told you this so that you can put it behind you and go on to someone else. Don't read anything into the "I'll miss you" part; he might genuinely mean it, but it doesn't mean he wants a relationship with you.

I agree with Annie -- time to move to the "Healing" forum, or maybe even the "Dating" forum on this site!

euphoria24
    The problem is that I fall in love too easily...If you look at my threads from December I was in love with another guy! Can you believe it??? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Getting back with the ex - Help with signals
Ex is in contact with me now after 1.5 months. When she contacted me I asked her to meet up. Since I have agoraphobia I kindof loosly set a date
When your fiancee loves you, but loves someone else more...
Hello everyone These last 3 months (last 5 weeks especially) have most definitely been the worst of my entire life without a shadow of a
I met my Soulmate/love of my life
A year ago I met a girl I fell in love with before we ever went anywhere. We locked eyes and for weeks I saw signs with her name and felt her
Ex Texted me after 1 month NC
So a month ago I sent a farewell text to my ex saying that I loved her and that I wanted to be with her and that I could no longer be friends. I also
Help me change his mind?
Hi, I am going to sound crazy, without self-respect and maybe a bit of a masochist but I really like him. I am hoping to make a guy----- who used
I guess people can't change..
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years. In November, we broke up and I moved out of the home we built together because we were
Letters to the Ex
Why oh why do people want to vomit their feelings onto a piece of paper or into an e-mail or text and send it to the ex. Has anyone, outside of the

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice