Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He apologized...

euphoria24

Talking He apologized...

if you are following my story:

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize. It seems like everything was bad timing. I'm working a lot and have another person I was/am dating. I honestly did enjoy meeting and hanging out with you. I just felt a little overwhelmed and thought that perhaps I wasn't doing the right thing. Just wanted to say you're probably the nicest person I've met in a while and i think that's probably the best thing anyone could ask for. I'll miss you. I hate being the bad guy in situations like this..."

I dont know if this is a rejection letter or an I miss you come back letter. What do you all think ? I guess he is taken and I certainly do not want to build a relationship on a bad foundation. To me if he is with someone else then he is unavailable. I cant date someone who is with someone else. Plain and simple.

mhowe
    It is not a rejection letter or a miss you/come back later.

It is a good bye, it was nice knowing you.

RFB
    Bronze Member
    Agree with MHOWE. It's a nice goodbye letter.

CLIMBK
    yup its a goodbye, i had a similar thing, its just a nice way for them to feel ok, and it makes them look good. My ex sent me a text saying, how horrible she felt for hurting me again, and that i should do whatever to move on, and that i deserve better.. haha. massive * * * * * .
    i havent replied, silence speaks volumes. i would advise you do the same.
    leave it be.

allielynn
    Gold Member
    Yeah. That's a ncie goodbye. He's to soothe his OWN ego. That way he wouldn't look like a jerk for not getting back to you

blueidealist24
    Platinum Member
    If he says he's dating another person, it's a goodbye, I think. Or maybe a keeping you on the back burner thing in case things don't work out with the other person (I would not let him keep you there!).

markie6
    Its a good bye, and guilt relief, saying nice things , but just as much to make him feel less badly

annie24
    That's a goodbye. I read your story. It doesn't sound like he was ever that interested, certainly not as invested as you were. I understand, I've been there. I would start posting in healing after breakup vs getting back together.

browneyedgirl36
    Platinum Member browneyedgirl36's Avatar
    I agree with the others -- definitely a goodbye. I think you can take what he says at face value: He thinks you're a really nice person; he's seeing someone else. He doesn't think that seeing both of you is the right thing. He feels bad. I got an e-mail almost exactly like this from a guy I dated for a few months. In fact, much of it was the same -- he was sorry, he thought I was a great person, he'd found someone else, he hoped we could be friends at some point, etc. -- at first, I was in denial about it and reading a lot into a few short sentences. After awhile, I recognized it for what it was -- a goodbye. Painful, but necessary.

It's good that he at least responded and told you this so that you can put it behind you and go on to someone else. Don't read anything into the "I'll miss you" part; he might genuinely mean it, but it doesn't mean he wants a relationship with you.

I agree with Annie -- time to move to the "Healing" forum, or maybe even the "Dating" forum on this site!

euphoria24
    The problem is that I fall in love too easily...If you look at my threads from December I was in love with another guy! Can you believe it??? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Ex Girlfriend is Confused about her feelings
So, I've never posted anything for relationship advice ever, but I really need some help, hopefully from someone who really does understand the
Is He Genuine?
After a month or so of complete stress, something REALLY bad happened and then something that could possibly be good happened. The guy I was
is he taking advantage
Me and my ex boyfriend broke up about 9 months ago. I will admit it was my fault I was still communicating with an ex when I shouldn't have been. I
What's going on with my ex?
My ex boyfriend and I dated for three years. I broke up with him because he had lied to me about a pretty big issue. We were in love with each other
Does he believe we will be together again?
Hi everyone, If you want more information on my situation you can check my other thread but here is a basic summary: my ex and I have broken up
Very confused
My first love and I broke up almost a year ago. He got in a rebound relationship afterwards.. we got in contact with each other a month after we
She left me for her ex and now wants me back
Hello guys, This is my first thread here and enotalone has been my emotional support for the last 2 months so I couln't have gone through this

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice