Ask For Advice

Thread: What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

enchanted771
    Silver Member

Question What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

I am 6-weeks pregnant and want some insight on how your cervix supposed to feel and the position. Last 2 weeks or so it was high so i couldnt reach it. Now it at the point I can reach it so just wondering if this is normal.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.
    Thank you, I have my appt on Friday, but just freaking myself out every time i run to the bathroom. I will check that book out. I was pregnant with my son in 2005, so I forgot everything now.

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......
    I figured, I am just going to be paranoid until the 2nd trimester because I am a worry wort. Not good i know.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.
    Yeah, I know I am just a worry wort in general, and yeah I am not poking anymore lol

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Gong through pregnancy and motherhood (so far) really helped me with my worrying -it's so bad for my health and such a waste of energy. I have little mantras I do when I start going down that boring, repetitive path of worrying like "oh please that's silly" -whatever works.

All I know is the cervix is supposed to be closed. At 6 weeks I was spotting -talk about worried!

Top Threads
boyfriends mom is controlling and boyfriend has took his mom side
as of today i am 8months pregnant. my boyfriend mom has been loving but shes starting to take over everything and the baby isnt even born yet. im
What are the chances?????
I recently began having sex with my boyfriend. He's the only person I have ever had sex with an I'm not really 100% sure as to everything, like I
Am I pregnant?
So I started taking the pill 5 months ago. Last month I was in the middle of exams and under fairly high stress, and drinking a lot of coffee. The
Pregnant girlfriend pushing me away and hates me
Hey guys need some help pregnant Mrs always pushing me away I do everything I can for her and just feels never good enough dosnt show anything

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
my boyfriend mom is my boyfriends girlfriend, thats just the way it seem!
Ive known my boyfriend for years, but, we never dated UNTIL a year ago. And some things has start to bother me about him and his mom relationship
Disconnect
This might sound weird I never brought it up to anyone. Does anyone else feel a huge disconnect. What I mean I always feel like I'm just reading a
Wife thought I shaved body hair I never had, is she cheating
I had my shirt off this morning and my wife of 23 years asked why I shaved my shoulder hair. I have never had body hair from birth on shoulders
5 years together, no reason for splitting..
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. Um, so. My girlfriend of 5 years (i'm 25) split with me. And i'm torturing myself over not
How do you know when it's Love?
I've been dating a man since early November. I met him through mutual friends and we spent a lot of time being friends only before we started dating
Tired of being alone
I work two jobs and go to school, I only have one night a week where I am off before 10pm and on those days I'm off at 6:00. My life is crazy but
Playing the field - When do you stop talking with other people and go exclusive?
I'm about two months into the dating scene after getting out of a four year relationship. I've matched with a number of women on Tinder and Bumble
Ask For Advice