Ask For Advice

Thread: What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

enchanted771
    Silver Member

Question What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

I am 6-weeks pregnant and want some insight on how your cervix supposed to feel and the position. Last 2 weeks or so it was high so i couldnt reach it. Now it at the point I can reach it so just wondering if this is normal.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.
    Thank you, I have my appt on Friday, but just freaking myself out every time i run to the bathroom. I will check that book out. I was pregnant with my son in 2005, so I forgot everything now.

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......
    I figured, I am just going to be paranoid until the 2nd trimester because I am a worry wort. Not good i know.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.
    Yeah, I know I am just a worry wort in general, and yeah I am not poking anymore lol

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Gong through pregnancy and motherhood (so far) really helped me with my worrying -it's so bad for my health and such a waste of energy. I have little mantras I do when I start going down that boring, repetitive path of worrying like "oh please that's silly" -whatever works.

All I know is the cervix is supposed to be closed. At 6 weeks I was spotting -talk about worried!

Top Threads
Help!
Ok so my boyfriend and I were messing around earlier, he was fingering me and I touched his penis and then touched his hand as he was fingering. I'm

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice