Ask For Advice

Thread: What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

enchanted771
    Silver Member

Question What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

I am 6-weeks pregnant and want some insight on how your cervix supposed to feel and the position. Last 2 weeks or so it was high so i couldnt reach it. Now it at the point I can reach it so just wondering if this is normal.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.
    Thank you, I have my appt on Friday, but just freaking myself out every time i run to the bathroom. I will check that book out. I was pregnant with my son in 2005, so I forgot everything now.

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......
    I figured, I am just going to be paranoid until the 2nd trimester because I am a worry wort. Not good i know.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.

enchanted771
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.
    Yeah, I know I am just a worry wort in general, and yeah I am not poking anymore lol

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Gong through pregnancy and motherhood (so far) really helped me with my worrying -it's so bad for my health and such a waste of energy. I have little mantras I do when I start going down that boring, repetitive path of worrying like "oh please that's silly" -whatever works.

All I know is the cervix is supposed to be closed. At 6 weeks I was spotting -talk about worried!

Top Threads
It's a boy!
Thanks to blood tests they now offer, we've already found out we're having a boy! (And unlike going by an ultrasound, the blood test is 99.9%
Urgent please help!
My boyfriend and I were fooling around about a week ago, he wanted a handjob and pulled out his manly part, he grab his manly part like two more
Could I be pregnant?
Hi, My husband and I are TTC. I'm now 3 days late. I don't have any home pregnancy tests on hand right now but out of curiosity, I used an ovulation
I'm having cramps but no period.
Hi I'm 16 and I haven't had sex lately, but I've been waiting for my period, I'm a very paranoid person I admit that. But I've been having cramps but
No Sign Of AF, 9 days late, 3 BFN
So my last lmp was 1/2/16, my next mp was suppose to come in between Jan 30 and Feb 2, but it never came, I took 3 hpt all negative, I really have no
Freakishly light period could I be pregnant?
Okay so this last month My boyfriend and j had unprotected sex and now my period came a week early and is very light. I usually have really heavy
Worrying about nothing?
Hiya I was hoping you can help me I know this might sound a bit silly but about 2 weeks ago me and my girlfriend were fooling around I gave her oral

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice